Sign in to follow this  
azhoundcrazy

nm elk tags

UU bar ranch in cimaron. 150k acres private land free range elk. Dad and I got bulls this year. 6k includes lodging, tag, license, guide, food, pack out, anything you need really, oh and did I mention a luxury chef? Every hunter that was there got a bull

post-12075-0-70580900-1430341975.jpg

post-12075-0-32097900-1430341871_thumb.jpg

post-12075-0-83363700-1430342066_thumb.jpg

Hunters trailhead .com offers some great DIY tags as well. All over the state for usually under 4k

• Like 1

Oh and if you choose to go there, be prepared, 11000 feet was the lowest elevation we hunted

I am looking for some land owner or unit wide bull elk tags in nm. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Should be able to pick up some muzzy tags for the western units pretty cheap this year with the season dates being what they are.

I don't think I have ever driven through Cimarron and not seen game. $6K each?

Yeah tons of animals in there! And yeah 6k get you everything you could really need including a guide. We figured it was reasonably priced in comparison to similar hunts.

My brother runs a private ranch 8000+ acres in Northern NM Unit8 and Unit51. Bull Elk tags are full package deal with lodging, guide, food. etc. PM me if you want more information. I think he has a few bull elk tags left, but they are going fast now the NM and AZ draw are done. You can find the land owner list here:

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/download/hunting/maps/e-plus/2014-EPLUS-Landowner-List.pdf

• Like 1

Yeah tons of animals in there! And yeah 6k get you everything you could really need including a guide. We figured it was reasonably priced in comparison to similar hunts.

I'm guessing that was a management bull hunt? I was under the impression that the trophy bull hunts were well into the teens?

I'm guessing that was a management bull hunt? I was under the impression that the trophy bull hunts were well into the teens?

^^^^^^

Yea, that.

Yep you guys got it. Management bull hunt is 6k. The trophy ones are 12.5k, however we were very pleased with the Bulls we were able to take under management guidelines. Any MATURE bull that is a 6x5 and below can be taken. Mine scored at 312

So you drop 6K, see a big ole bull, and just take a picture. No thanks. I would rather get a LO tag and hunt DIY and shoot the big bulls I see.

• Like 2

So you drop 6K, see a big ole bull, and just take a picture. No thanks. I would rather get a LO tag and hunt DIY and shoot the big bulls I see.

Well at the time it seemed like a good prospect. My dad and I up to then had only shot cows. If I could go back and do it again I would. But having already done it would I do it again? Probably not. We had to just look at a few 350 bulls walk by. We were looking for a hunt with solid success and lots of rutting with opportunity at a 300+ bull and that's what we got. I am not one for guided hunting though, I prefer diy hunting 100-1 however having not drawn a tag and looking into many hunts last year, it was the one that caught my eye the most and I'm glad it did it got me my first bull

Well at the time it seemed like a good prospect. My dad and I up to then had only shot cows. If I could go back and do it again I would. But having already done it would I do it again? Probably not. We had to just look at a few 350 bulls walk by. We were looking for a hunt with solid success and lots of rutting with opportunity at a 300+ bull and that's what we got. I am not one for guided hunting though, I prefer diy hunting 100-1 however having not drawn a tag and looking into many hunts last year, it was the one that caught my eye the most and I'm glad it did it got me my first bull

Don't let anyone make you feel any different about the hunt you and your dad had. Looks like a awesome time spent together

• Like 5