I've been searching all over for .25-35 ammo and haven't had any luck. A guy in Tombstone told me Winchester stopped production back in 2002, but I've also heard elsewhere that they brought it back into production. He also said the .257 Roberts brass could be used to make it, but I know nothing about reloading. I sent an email to Winchester, but haven't heard anything back yet. They still show it on their website, so hopefully I can get my hands on some after the next production run. Thought I'd check on here to see if someone had any laying around, or knows anything about this round. Heck, even brass would be a great find. Thanks!

I think most neck down and then trim & fire form from .30-30 brass. You will probably need a intermediate die, as .30 to .25 is a big jump. RCBS makes sizing dies I believe.

Or.....

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2900440933/winchester-super-x-ammunition-25-35-wcf-117-grain-soft-point

http://www.lohmanarms.com/product_p/sbv330552u.htm

I just received a response from Winchester:

"This product is currently out of stock. It is scheduled for production later in 2015, although no loading date has been currently assigned. The best way to obtain this product would be to place an order with a local dealer in your area. As soon as this product is made available, that dealer would receive a shipment.
Best Regards,
Technical Services Dept."

Glad to know I can get some in the future.

I just received a response from Winchester:

"This product is currently out of stock. It is scheduled for production later in 2015, although no loading date has been currently assigned. The best way to obtain this product would be to place an order with a local dealer in your area. As soon as this product is made available, that dealer would receive a shipment.

Best Regards,

Technical Services Dept."

Glad to know I can get some in the future.

"MAYBE"

whoever told you .257 roberts brass could be used is stupid. period. be careful who gives you reloading advise. ,257 roberts is a necked down 7x57. not a rimmed case. nothing about it other than it's made of brass is even similar to a .25/35. with that said, i have a .25/35. next time there is a gun show in town you can usually buy all you want. there will be more than one old dude that custom reloads that will have bags full of it. the parent case is a .30/30, you can use several other cases too, but the old .30/30 is the closest to it. buy however much you need and shoot it up then if you want to reload get some dies, rcbs makes em, and then reload. the reloads you buy will probably be loaded to old factory velocity. it's one cartridge you can't improve much on with reloading and the rifles for it are so old you need to keep that in mind. again, don't listen to folks that don't know what they're talking about. you might get hurt. have fun. Lark.

• Like 1

what kind of rifle do you have? if it's a tube fed lever like a winchester or marlin, you need to make sure to use either flat or round nose bullets. mine is a 99 savage with a rotary mag, so i can use pointy bullets. i haven't shot up the gunshow ammo i bought when i got it, but plan on someday loading up some 75 gr hollow points. should perk it up a little. also, those old rifles aren't twisted fast enough to shoot 117's or 125's. stick to to 100 gr or less. the bigger bullets won't group well at all. glad somebody is still shooting the old blackpowder rated cartridges. Lark.

My Dad has an old Marlin 1893 from 1895 lever action in .32-40 black powder. It sure is fun to shoot.

You might call ten-x they load for the 25-35. It will be cowboy action ammo loaded with lead bullets, but it does go bang. Before I started loading for my 38-55 I was always on the hunt for ammo and ten -x was usually easier to find than winchester. Legendary guns in phx is a ten-x dealer.

It's a Winchester Model 1894 lever action. Not sure exactly what variant I have, I'll have to take a closer look at it. I've always shot round-nosed bullets through it.

I think most neck down and then trim & fire form from .30-30 brass. You will probably need a intermediate die, as .30 to .25 is a big jump. RCBS makes sizing dies I believe.

Or.....

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2900440933/winchester-super-x-ammunition-25-35-wcf-117-grain-soft-point

http://www.lohmanarms.com/product_p/sbv330552u.htm

i would buy the winchester stuff at midway

Haven't shot that rifle since I was a kid. Just recently inherited it from my Grandpa. I'll take a pic of it tonight and post it up.

Here's a few pics of the rifle. Anyone able to decipher when it was manufactured?

post-8706-0-67055100-1432218524_thumb.jpg

post-8706-0-09210200-1432218544_thumb.jpg

post-8706-0-49350700-1432218583_thumb.jpg

post-8706-0-73519100-1432218604_thumb.jpg

looks like 1907. incredibly sharp rifle. carbine, saddle ring, .25/35 caliber, in good shape, excellent rifle. get another saddle ring for it. like it is it's a $3k+ rifle. don't let it get away. Lark.