yotebuster

Idaho shiras moose tag!!!

Last night I pulled up the draw results in Idaho expecting another rejection letter and was blown away to find out I drew a bull moose tag! I'm pumped to say the least!!! I'll keep you guys updated on how it all goes, this will be my first moose hunt, can't wait!! I have from late aug to mid nov for the hunt, so I may make a few trips out there but it's a haul from ND. Anybody ever hunt them in Idaho? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! The hunt is near Idaho falls. Sound like a pretty good unit!

• Like 12

How long did it take you to draw? I've herd Idaho is the easiest place to draw a Moose tag.

On 5/16/2015 at 7:10 PM, Flatlander said:

I used to live in Rexburg. Which unit are you in?

I think it's near Rexburg. Seems like I saw that on the map. I literally know nothing about it but I'm gonna learn!!!

This was my first year for moose Adam. I've tried for elk/deer and sheep a time or two. Draw odds were 1:20 which is super good for shiras. I got sick of feeding the $50/yr point machines in WY, MT, and CO so I decided to throw in for Idaho and check off a bucket list!!

• Like 2

Congrats Yotebuster. You got homework to do now. To bad its so far away. Hope fully You get some tips and help........BOB!

I've been slowly collecting my info. Looking like its gonna be a float hunt. I have an 18' John style flat bottomish duck boat that is super stable that I think we'll take. Still trying to figure out if I can take an outboard or need a shallow water drive motor. Also it's a short range weapon hunt due to the farmland around the river so I'm stuck using muzzleloader or shotgun. My dad has a fully rifled slug barrel for a Benelli that I'm gonna try and get shooting. I have a pretty mean muzzleloader as well so we'll see! Pretty excited! I'll keep all of you in the loop throughout the process!

• Like 3