azhamill

My 2015 archery coues takin at 110yrds

Stuck this coues quartering to me at 110yrds. A lot of people will disagree with me about a shot like that. But I believe if you know your equipment and shoot all the time you can make shots like that.

post-13423-0-06190800-1432086235_thumb.jpg

post-13423-0-93660100-1432086281_thumb.jpg

post-13423-0-65255900-1432086332_thumb.jpg

He scored 88'

• Like 8

Congrats on a fine buck! And on having 30/20 vision. Heck, I can barely see the target past 60 any more. Sucks getting old....

I usually stay away from these types of topics, but I'm in an opinionated mood. I'll just say I'm glad for the you, and mainly the deer, your shot decision worked out this time.

Archery is my passion and I love to shoot long range archery....at targets. 100 yards - no sweat, but I respect the game I harvest too much to take a shot at anywhere near that range. I rarely practice at targets under 55 yards, but that's only to make a 30 yard shot that much easier. When I was a lot younger, I would take questionable "position" shots and quickly learned my lesson. Everyone of us has a different goal and reason we hunt. When I started my goal was to simply kill something and my pursuits were indicative of a novice. Now, my goal is to put a perfectly placed arrow into the cavity of a perfectly positioned animal of my choosing at 40 yards or under. I've killed my share of beasts and enjoy hunting now more than ever.

Congrats on your trophy. Very nice buck.

• Like 4

Trust me I under stand all side of this and I'm open to everyone's opinion on the matter of taking animals at questionable distances. But you as a person should no your boundaries and capabilities. Only reason why I took a shot like that was just the day before and the day of I was at camp taking shot from all perspectives so if a opportunity presents itself I would have the confidence in myself to put a animal down humanely. Thanks

• Like 4

Great question! I could of waited for him to get closer or further away or like you said I close the distance but It felt good he was sunning himself standing in the open so I pulled back took my time check for cross wind, leveled my bubble and let it fly

Guest akaspecials

Congrats on the kill; but why even post that he was at a sub optimal position and a long distance? Are you looking for kudos? Looking to stir the pot? Bragging?

If I was looking for kudos I've would of posted this the day I got him. But I guess I can't be honest around here I'm new to this Sharing photos and story stuff I don't even have a Facebook. I just got a IG Account a year ago so bragging no

• Like 1

Congrats Hamill! Cool pic on the pot, too... That must be the pot others cant pee in

• Like 2

This new mentality of lobbing long range range shots is mystifying. Personally, I find it disgusting. Flame on boys, I'm starting my ignore list.

• Like 1

If I was looking for kudos I've would of posted this the day I got him. But I guess I can't be honest around here I'm new to this Sharing photos and story stuff I don't even have a Facebook. I just got a IG Account a year ago so bragging no

if you shot it broad side at 15 yards folks would be asking why you didn't let it get to 10, or waiting til it got to 20. Is 30-60 yards a better shot? 60's my max but I ain't you. Can't do nothin right these days, sure as he!! Can do everything wrong. Like I said, can of worms.
  • Like 1

If you practice it religiously and you are confident in your shooting why not take the shot this site has gone to crap in my opinion you can't post anything with out being called out on it. If you shoot a spike people will say you should have let him grow ,if you post your first trail camera pics and its all cattle people bitch about it,so what if you don't like it move on

• Like 1

I'll open some worms I also killed him with a arrow and Broadhead total weight of 326 grains and broadheads from China. Oh also i'm shooting through the chronograph at 320fps which people say you can't do. There is always people that say this and that. oh! And now I guess I'm bringing no I'm out all the time studying, scouting, shooting,hunting, giving back to the animals we hunt every year by giving my time to foundation and fundraisers kid camps and so on. So please do me the favor of ignore this post.

• Like 12