Sign in to follow this  
azhamill

THE COUES THAT HAD NO CHANCE!

So this was a few years back, we helped some buddy's on a early-season hunt. When we seen this stud he was a ways off and on the tip-top of the Mountain. I was surprised when we said let's go get him they just looked at us like we where crazy! I ask don't you want him, they replied hes not worth us dying. It was Purdy bad but this is what you wait for all year or your hole life. So as the story goes they never Tried. With that being said we had the same unit but the late nov hunt. We were in there every weekend before the are hunt. We knew that buck better than he knew himself so on opening day my dad got up at 1 AM and left camp just so he could beat that buck to the spot. I was cross Canyon looking just in case that buck wanted to do something different that day. So my dad called me on the radio and said I'm 70yrds from him but I can't shoot I said and why is that because I got bighorn sheep in the way. This buck and three others would always seem to be with these rams crazy. So he waited and took pictures of the deer and rams. Next I hear ka-boom! And my dad on the radio he is down.post-13423-0-63142600-1432241007_thumb.jpg

post-13423-0-30074200-1432241068_thumb.jpg

All I got to say is when my old man does something its 110%

Oh! And he hates pictures so that's why I'm there

Whoops thought I had more pictures I'll find them and post

• Like 10

DANG that is one stud of a buck! Congratulations to your dad! Off the top of my head I can't think of too many places I wouldn't go for a chance at a buck like that.

Let's just say they weren't in the best shape.

Hey, round is a shape.

• Like 3

Very nice buck! You gotta go where the big boys live. I cringe when I see "shin daggers" :wacko:

• Like 1

Very nice buck! You gotta go where the big boys live. I cringe when I see "shin daggers" :wacko:

Oh yeah You know it's bad when you have to take your pants off and use your Havilon to cut it out

• Like 2

dude wtf are you like the worlds best trophy deer killer?

Haha! Your to kind, just had a great teacher My dad

• Like 1

No pics of the deer with the rams? That would be cool

Great buck

I think we do I'm looking

And the icing on the cake was just the next year my dad's buddy drew that unit for desert big horn sheep. He took the ram that this deer would always be around. He actually shot the ram only 100yrds from where we got the buck. You want to talk about creatures of habit. I'll post pics of the ram soon we had to rappel down to get the ram

• Like 1

Whoa! Beautiful buck. Nice ram too! Not too sure if it was luck that the ram stopped on that little ledge. How far would he have fallen if not for the ledge?

Stellar buck. Thanks for sharing and congrats to your Dad.

That ram couldn't have fallen in a better place! Crazy. Must have been an ordeal and a lot of rope to get him off that ledge.