Sign in to follow this  
azpredator@work

L.E. utah elk tag - Manti central mountains

I believe 9 pts. Been so long I'd have to look to be sure. Pretty excited. Definitely didn't see this tag coming this year. This comes as a welcome surprise.

Congrats,got 10 or 11 non res points and thought about putting in for that hunt next year.let us know how it goes,good luck

will do - I always put together a recap for the CWT folks ;)

Yea I've been up there 6 times in the last 10 years or so...That can be a tough elk hunt as it starts the same time as the archery deer hunt...if you never experienced it...it can be a zoo...but the elk are there...buddy killed a 380+ on the early rifle hunt a few years ago

Yea I've been up there 6 times in the last 10 years or so...That can be a tough elk hunt as it starts the same time as the archery deer hunt...if you never experienced it...it can be a zoo...but the elk are there...buddy killed a 380+ on the early rifle hunt a few years ago

Feel free to shoot me a pm with a hotspot or 2 :ph34r:

I'd like to hear where you see most hunters. I plan on bringing my trailer and quad, but also plan on spending a few days on the wilderness to bivy hunt. Just starting my research so if you have a map to suggest I'd appreciate that as well. Thanks,

I had a muzzy tag in 2012 on the manti. It was a great hunt and I was in elk everyday. Be ready to hike into some big canyons. Being that you have the archery tag, it will be a little different then the muzzy because the muzzy hunt falls right in the middle of the rut. You will be in some the most beautiful elk country. PM me if you have any questions.

• Like 1

I came up the first weekend on Aug 15th. Too many people. Beautiful country, way too many roads and just crazy how many hunters. A little early to elk hunt alone on foot. Temps were in the 90's. I never pulled my bow out of the case. It was a discouraging weekend.

I'm back today. Happy my trailer was not messed with. I have cell coverage so I'll post as much as I can. Its hot as heck and still passed a lot of camps getting here. Most just look like abandoned trailers waiting for their owners to return.

I'm camped half way up a mountain which will gain me access into a mountain range that should provide 3-4 days of hunting. Its all walk-in type country for a couple miles so I should be alone. I found 3 other similar spots which all have dark timber with streams nearby.