I know this story is a little late in the year, but I thought I'd share it anyway!

This is my second archery coues deer with my Mathews Jewel. I hunted for 8 long days in the best unit in the world (27) and bagged this boy all on my own. It was my first hunt that my dad let me do on my own! I loved the experience of it but it is definitely better to have someone experience it with you and share that story. Anyways, I made a perfect shot right through the lungs at 30 yds. He went maybe 40 yds before he dropped dead:) I shot him with a grim reaper broad head (as well as my 2014 buck) and I will never use any other broad head again! There amazing-in my personal opinion.

Also, I don't care if any of you think he's "too small" because I love him and am very proud of him!

Thanks for reading! Good hunting,

Shelby Teel

P.S. If anyone missed my 2014 buck it's on my page, check it out!

post-5405-0-42506100-1432838291_thumb.jpg

post-5405-0-98610700-1432838303_thumb.jpg

post-5405-0-66359800-1432838318_thumb.jpg

post-5405-0-90380500-1432838365_thumb.jpg

post-5405-0-97717100-1432838382_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Congrats! Great job! It is quite an accomplishment taking a deer, of any size, with a bow...let alone, on your own. I love to see young people, especially young women take to hunting. I think it gives them a better perspective on life...and death, and more confidence to face life's challenges.

Way to go!

• Like 1

Congratulations on a great buck! Too small.....no way! That's awesome that you were able to get it done on your own. I know what you mean about having someone to share it with but the sense of achievement when done solo is pretty sweet too.

• Like 1

You have nothing to be ashamed of. That is a great deer and if it's a trophy to you, who cares what anyone else thinks. Congrats. ;)

• Like 1

WOW! Congratulations that's a Beautiful buck. Keep up the great work. Thanks for Sharing and it's never to late to post your hunt successes.

• Like 2

Shelby,

I just read your story about your 2014 whitetail with your father. You are truly an amazing young lady and I hope you never lose site of the fact that your dad has raised a great daughter with excellent values and a darn good hunter as well.

Congrats to both of you on your fine deer and keep shooting straight

• Like 1

Shelby,

I just read your story about your 2014 whitetail with your father. You are truly an amazing young lady and I hope you never lose site of the fact that your dad has raised a great daughter with excellent values and a darn good hunter as well.

Congrats to both of you on your fine deer and keep shooting straight

Thank you for reading my article! That hunt has a special place in my heart! Every one of them do but that one was by far the most special and emotional! Be sure to take those three granddaughters of yours hunting whenever possible!:)

• Like 1

That's an awesome deer! Congrats and way to get it done on your own!

• Like 1

That is a great buck and he'd wear my tag and hang on my wall any day. Congrats on a clean harvest after a hard hunt!

• Like 1

Outstanding job and great Buck...

• Like 1