AZBUCKEYE

Time for a new tuck Diesel or Gas

I have owned 3 diesel trucks. Dodge 99, Ford 2004, and Chevy 2007 classic. The ford 6.0 was a nightmare. The dodge was awesome just not enough power. The chevy is my favorite. (power and did I say fast, but I hate the front end, nothing stock on it now)

Diesel all the way for sure, but the new exhaust fluid seems like a pain.

Dream truck: Ford body, cummins engine, and Alison transmission. I guy can dream.

I got to say that the dodge looks sexy lifted..

If I don't get a diesel I am getting a dodge power wagon.

Make sure to take Dramamine.... In MY experience, driving a power wagon is like fibbing a boat in a rough sea.

• Like 2

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I still have the '05 Avy with the 6" lift, 35's, crappy 5.3L, rack and tire on the top, what a pig, I get 10mpg... uphill, downhill, slow, fast (mostly slow) okay maybe it is 8-11 but does it really matter when it is that bad. Stupid Chevy, my car has a bigger engine and weighs half as much.

I would love to buy a diesel and for the next truck sorry to say :(, it will probably be a Ford whether gas or diesel. Slight chance on a Tundra or a GMC. My wife has a Sequoia and it is a great rig so I have looked at the Tundra. Really, I want the diesel whether I can justify it or not torque, torque, and yes more torque! :rolleyes:

No regrets on the Dodge, I worked with 12 different dealerships on pricing and Victoria the finance manger at Earnhardts killed everyone esle! Picked up a few months back

post-2686-0-44315000-1443206760_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

No regrets on the Dodge, I worked with 12 different dealerships on pricing and Victoria the finance manger at Earnhardts killed everyone esle! Picked up a few months back

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Just pm me when you need me when you need a tow. hahaha jk obviously. Beautiful truck there.

• Like 2

When the F350 was new, bought a lifetime oil change from Fletcher. No limits on the oil changes, that was 11 years ago and it's obvious Fletchers hates me.

But it works both ways. About 6 years ago I f....d up and let them do a full fluids change. Found out up near Kayenta they didn't refill the rear diff. After 2 1/2 days being stranded along the highway, a nice Navajo family adopted me.

Now I closely observe every fluid change, even if its 110'F on their tarmac.

Oh, and I got a pretty nice lift just by going with 285's.

It's a great topic.

I've had my 98 Yukon for 16 years now, replaced the motor and just about everything else. It's a 4wd beast. It's big. ( I have a big family).

When the other car died, I picked up a 04 F250 6.0 Diesel. I didn't know the rep at the time, and luckily I got a good one. I wanted to get a big RV and that's still on the list, but it's now my daily driver and I wont go back to the truck without a fight. Wifey drives the yukon now.

With diesel it's not only the maintenance, (do it yourself!) but if something breaks it's not hundreds, it's thousands. If you have the money, get a diesel. If that might be an issue, get a good gas pickup. I know the vortec engines are pretty solid but If I had to get one myself, I'd look into a Tundra.

Another thing- Diesels aren't that great in 4wd. Heavy things sink quick.

ford is by far the best (1/2 and 3/4 on). i see all of them break everyday. power wagons are only floaty if the sway bar links are broken or the sway bar disconnect is stuck unlocked. i dont like the 5.7 hemi though.

2006 Dodge 2500 5.9L 191 K miles:

• Replaced the transmission pressure solenoid and transducer twice
  • I'm on my 3rd AC unite
  • 1 water pump
  • Rear windows and locks stopped working because the dodge wire harness is too short and broke - simple solder job fixed.
  • Corrected the death wobble by replacing the track bar bushings with polyurethane
  • Catalytic converter clogged -up and the back pressure took out header gasket. Now I'm running a hollow cat with at tad mere power and coal
  • Shake and rattle in the front end corrected with steering stabilizer
  • Rear break light always going out - replaced the light circuit.
  • Breaks pads and rotors every 2 years.

Yes the diesel is worth it. I get ~18 miles per gallon in the city , towing around 16 miles/gal, highway 22 miles/gal.

Just cannot stomach the 60K price tag on the new trucks.

ford is by far the best (1/2 and 3/4 on). i see all of them break everyday. power wagons are only floaty if the sway bar links are broken or the sway bar disconnect is stuck unlocked. i dont like the 5.7 hemi though.

Anything in particular re: 5.7 hemi, or just the layout/design? I know some of the components are not the easiest to get to. Does overall performance and reliability compare with say, a 5.3 GM?

Thanks.

forepaw

2006 Dodge 2500 5.9L 191 K miles:

• Replaced the transmission pressure solenoid and transducer twice
  • I'm on my 3rd AC unite
  • 1 water pump
  • Rear windows and locks stopped working because the dodge wire harness is too short and broke - simple solder job fixed.
  • Corrected the death wobble by replacing the track bar bushings with polyurethane
  • Catalytic converter clogged -up and the back pressure took out header gasket. Now I'm running a hollow cat with at tad mere power and coal
  • Shake and rattle in the front end corrected with steering stabilizer
  • Rear break light always going out - replaced the light circuit.
  • Breaks pads and rotors every 2 years.

Yes the diesel is worth it. I get ~18 miles per gallon in the city , towing around 16 miles/gal, highway 22 miles/gal.

Just cannot stomach the 60K price tag on the new trucks.

I have almost the same truck as yours but mine is a 3500 with a manual transmission, half the miles, bone stock and have had no issues.

test drove a 2017 dually 4x4 3500 today - not overly impressed- could feel a shimmy shake in the truck up thru the seats around 70 mph on or off the gas not as bad in a different lane

wondering ifdually axle feels different out on the road

not what I wanted to test drive -but that's what they brought out - even though i wanted the regular truck -- then they go show me several of the 3500 trucks non-tandem 4x4 but just to look at ????

larry miller dodge didn't impress me either

it did look like with all the options I'm looking for priced right at 60,000