JJ_Gibbs

New 300 RUM build by Sovereign Rifles

Finally got my new Bighorn action today for a long anticipated 300 RUM build. Ben Strader of Sovereign Rifles in Lake Havasu City is doing the smith work. Components are a Bighorn SR2 long action/Broughton 1-10 30" barrel/Manners EH1 custom painted Kuiu vias camo/Huber Concepts trigger all topped with a Nightforce 8-32x56 NXS. If you are looking for somebody to build that one off custom rifle for you with only the best components available in the industry check out what they have to offer www.sovereignrifles.com. I will post some pictures as the build comes along.

post-11919-0-61354800-1435270956.jpg

post-11919-0-52966000-1435270964.jpg

• Like 2

That should be an awesome rifle!

How long is the wait for the build once you have all parts needed?

If he has all the parts it's pretty quick, I would say within a month or less. If he has to wait on parts or tooling time frame depends on those suppliers. He just got that shipment of Bighorn actions yesterday and only has a few left but he also tries to keep a decent stock of barrels and triggers. If you're interested best to give Ben a call at (951)704-2251......guarantee you won't be disappointed or have to wait a year

Some of the parts I have been acquiring for the build as well as a buddies Manners full carbon EH1 and fluted Krieger barrel for another 300RUM build by Sovereign Rifles. Custom Gun Coatings did the Kuiu camo paint work.

post-11919-0-83303000-1435355647_thumb.jpg

post-11919-0-93081800-1435355700_thumb.jpg

post-11919-0-33275300-1435355975_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like a great build and the stock came out great! I'm going to do the same to the stock on my 300 RUM, would you mind sharing what he charged for the stock?

It turned out great, he does awesome work. I assume that it is all cerakoated and not dipped?

Haven't posted any updates since the build started but I got a finished rifle back yesterday. My buddy's Bighorn/Carbon Manners is finished up as well. I am loading up some rounds for barrel break in today and will try and get some good pictures posted later.

• Like 1

Finally got time to get the barrel broke in and shoot a 3 shot group this morning. Can't say enough great things about the quality work Ben at Sovereign Rifles puts out. First ever 3 shot group @ .359" from a carry weight magnum hunting rifle is absolutely incredible!! By the way the one not touching the other 2 was a clean bore shot

post-11919-0-44112700-1439396462_thumb.jpg