muley224

Rocky Mtn Sheep in Morenci

A friend of mine sent me these photos and more of some Sheep that were in Morenci and relocated by Game and fish. Probably some members here with the Sheep Society were there to help.

post-10954-0-43976200-1435610814_thumb.jpg

post-10954-0-12563900-1435610818_thumb.jpg

post-10954-0-87530800-1435610821_thumb.jpg

post-10954-0-56235800-1435610825_thumb.jpg

post-10954-0-77410500-1435611009_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

That seems very strange. Maybe they could see that green lawn from the top of that distant cliff and couldn't resist.

I got a buch of those pics in the chain email. I'm on the volunteer list to re-locate those sheep, just haven't been able to participate. Theyre moving them away from the mining operations. Not sure where they are being re-located to. Some just awesome pictures.

That's a common sight in Morenci. I've had them walk right by me while pumping gas at the Conoco.

• Like 2

That's neat! I was a seasonal worker for the USFS out of Clifton in 98 and would always see them in or near the Mine. It makes sence that they would go to the lawns and the water at the houses but I would never see them there. I would often stop at the Conoco to get my dinner, too bad they weren't that close when I was there. Thanks for posting.

They will probably move them up north aways so the wolves can prey on them . I hope not............BOB!

Nearly everyone I know who lives in Greer has reported sightings of bighorn from their cars this year. There are illuminated signs on both sides of the cinder hill along the highway from Greer to Eagar warning drivers to watch for a group of 14-17 ewes and small rams that can be seen there most days. Before this last batch was released, five young rams fed all day a few feet off the blacktop near the Hall Creek curve, causing traffic jams. The darned things totally ignored cars and the people who were snapping photos of them. -- Bill Quimby

That's a cool thing to see I hope I can get drawn for sheep this year

Glad they are moving them away from all the hazardous waste that mine has stored in stockpiles and ponds.

I'm one of those tourista types that takes pictures of the transplanted sheep every time I go by. Usually when I see them they are just above the cinder pit.

post-4480-0-60216800-1435704087_thumb.jpg

Nearly everyone I know who lives in Greer has reported sightings of bighorn from their cars this year. There are illuminated signs on both sides of the cinder hill along the highway from Greer to Eagar warning drivers to watch for a group of 14-17 ewes and small rams that can be seen there most days. Before this last batch was released, five young rams fed all day a few feet off the blacktop near the Hall Creek curve, causing traffic jams. The darned things totally ignored cars and the people who were snapping photos of them. -- Bill Quimby

They planted those sheep there almost a year ago to the day.