Sign in to follow this  
452b264

Never sit on your behind when calling lion!

Getting a lion like that would be worth the price of burying a set of soiled BVD's!

• Like 1

Scarey is what I say!

After my experience, I now use an electronic caller, and I sit on a small chair or I stand up with my back against a tree or rock etc, and the rifle rested on my shooting sticks when ever I go calling alone.

Scarey is what I say!

After my experience, I now use an electronic caller, and I sit on a small chair or I stand up with my back against a tree or rock etc, and the rifle rested on my shooting sticks when ever I go calling alone.

After changing your tactics, do you experience the same success?

The above aren't different tactics, just increased safety while hunting alone, you are very vulnerable when sitting eye level to a large predator. By using an electronic caller when hunting alone the predator isn't focused on your location, only the caller.

Pretty crazy. I'd need new underwear for sure. Dumb question, more just curious. Are there any good well known documented attacks from hunters that were predator calling? Reading most of the bear attacks, mountain lion attacks, etc., and most are people camping, bears getting into garbage or ice chests, biking, dog-related or small children attacked by predators. I've read an occasional story about the victim, a hunter, who they've found dead with an unloaded handgun and presumably it was a bear attack.

Your probably more likely to be attacked by squirrel than a lion.

25-06 that's Funny. Last Fall I was hunting a location, that had a lot of sign and I had a few game cam pics of bears and one of a lion, but could not find the bears. So I posted on the Bear section for advise. kidso suggested calling them in. I had a FoxPro so I download a few new calls and set out. Got to my spot, placed my back about three feet away from a cliff (about 20 feet tall), had good brush in front of me to give cover, yet was a little elevated so I could see the creek bottom and hillside across from me.

In full camo, being very still (just pressing the call button), I begin to remember all of the stories about calling in a bear or lion on top of you. Just then I felt a pretty hard hit on my back and felt claws dig into my skin.

Needless to say, there was yelling and jumping and pulling of my pistol, thinking I was lion food. Yet, as I turned, I saw that this squirrel was flying backwards away from me and I can only say we had the same expression of fear and confusion. I assume he thought I was a tree or rock or something and made the leap off of the top of the wall behind me. While he only left a couple of very tiny marks on my back, the psychological warfare that a squirrel can inflict should not be underrated.

• Like 7

I was bit on my hand by a squirrel when i was little. That things flopped around like a rag doll when i was trying to shake it off.

25-06 that's Funny. Last Fall I was hunting a location, that had a lot of sign and I had a few game cam pics of bears and one of a lion, but could not find the bears. So I posted on the Bear section for advise. kidso suggested calling them in. I had a FoxPro so I download a few new calls and set out. Got to my spot, placed my back about three feet away from a cliff (about 20 feet tall), had good brush in front of me to give cover, yet was a little elevated so I could see the creek bottom and hillside across from me.

In full camo, being very still (just pressing the call button), I begin to remember all of the stories about calling in a bear or lion on top of you. Just then I felt a pretty hard hit on my back and felt claws dig into my skin.

Needless to say, there was yelling and jumping and pulling of my pistol, thinking I was lion food. Yet, as I turned, I saw that this squirrel was flying backwards away from me and I can only say we had the same expression of fear and confusion. I assume he thought I was a tree or rock or something and made the leap off of the top of the wall behind me. While he only left a couple of very tiny marks on my back, the psychological warfare that a squirrel can inflict should not be underrated.

Lmao this is the best one yet lol

• Like 1

Thanks for reopening the repressed memory of that. But, for real, at that moment I really thought I was done for, looking back I laugh myself.

• Like 1

Thanks for reopening the repressed memory of that. But, for real, at that moment I really thought I was done for, looking back I laugh myself.

A friend had a grey fox do that to him while using a mouth call.