joelpresmyk8

Just getting into muzzleloader any suggestions

This post has some good info! I am doing some research whenever I have a free moment because I am going to purchase a muzzleloader in the off season and was thinking of getting the Thompson Bone collector or the encore f/x . Anyone have any experience or feedback on these? I would love to get the Ultimate but I will be putting in for hunts in Utah also and from what I have read you cant use it up there.

figured I would just add to this thread rather than starting a new one with the same title

What did you read about the ultimate in Utah? I thought I had researched it before I bought mine and it was legal? Just curious because that's gonna break my heart if I ever draw and can't use it!

• Like 1

This post has some good info! I am doing some research whenever I have a free moment because I am going to purchase a muzzleloader in the off season and was thinking of getting the Thompson Bone collector or the encore f/x . Anyone have any experience or feedback on these? I would love to get the Ultimate but I will be putting in for hunts in Utah also and from what I have read you cant use it up there.

figured I would just add to this thread rather than starting a new one with the same title

What did you read about the ultimate in Utah? I thought I had researched it before I bought mine and it was legal? Just curious because that's gonna break my heart if I ever draw and can't use i

have family who live in Utah and hunt muzzy and to me that it wasn't allowed also

I hope I'm wrong because that will be the one I pick up.

Talked to my brother and he said the primer has to be loaded from the breech in Utah and the ultimate is a bolt action but I didn't read it online anywhere so I'm going to talk to the dwr tomorrow to make sure before I pick one up

Looks like the ultimate is legal in Utah, I can't wait to pick one up this off season.

Good to hear! Mine was made by ultimate before Remington bought them out. I hear there very similar. If it's even close to the gun the ultimate made you're gonna love it! My only regret is not buying one sooner!

Gotcoues I think you found something using 70gr of BH powder in the cva accura LH. I weighed the powder to 70 gr and shot a 1/2 inch 4 shot group at 100 yds. For the first time i pushed it to 200 yards and shot a 1.5 inch 3 shot group. I tried a different bullet. TC Shockwave 250 gr. cleaned the breech after each shot and waited for barrel to cool and cleaned the barrel. Can't wait to push it to 250 and 300. I may have found a load that worked. Finally

Rando,

I am going to post up my TC bone collector for sale in the classifieds soon. I bought it new this summer

and shot it 12x sighting it in and 2x on the hunt.

These are the new prices for gun and accessories:

Gun- $599

Leupold ultimate slam $249

Talley one piece mount $57

Extra brand new breech plug $43

Here's a chance to save some coin. I'll take $675 for it.

I posted a pic of the bull I killed in the elk forum.

I'll give you first crack at it

I just finished reading that you are set on the Ultimate so I will offer it up for everyone. I am going

to post it in the classifieds here and elsewhere soon

Well I finally got my best load for my cva. Talk about time and money but in the end I got a great consistent group and will be using this load for my December mule deer hunt. Here it is. 84gr of weighted BH209. Thompson/Center-Superglide-Shock-Wave-Sabot-Bullets-Bonded in 250gr. Cooled and cleaned barrel after each shot. Cleaned the breech plug after every shot. My 100 yd group was right at 1.5 inches but my 200 yd group was a 1inch group. Next range day I need to fine tune the group over the bullseye and push it out to 300 yds.

post-2764-0-78301200-1446515518_thumb.jpg

post-2764-0-40876500-1446515543_thumb.jpg

Just thought I'd share with everyone watching this thread that I'm selling my muzzy in the classified section.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/61902-muzzleloader-fs-cva-accura-v2-lr-30-barrel/

I'm open to offers. The muzzy world just isn't for me. I got some good groups and some average groups out of this gun and I truly believe with more time available it would shoot better than I got it to after seeing results that other guys in this forum are getting. Good luck to everyone on their upcoming hunts.