Sign in to follow this  
bojangles

i got caught red handed

i hate it when you stumble on someone's lump of digestible substance under their tree stand and you look up and find out your standing in front of their trail cam inn 22 south.

sorry bro.

But did you bend over and display your lunar interpretive dance of the Moon o'er the East Verde?

But did you bend over and display your lunar interpretive dance of the Moon o'er the East Verde?

lol, no, not this time. i did have to think back and try to remember if i was pickin' or scratchin' something.

• Like 1

a tree stand in 22s? ord?

no, i'll leave his location to himself. it's a decent spot, i hope he gets lucky. i didn't think you were supposed to hunt over trophy rocks, no?

Trophy rock is salt no? If you look at the ingredients there is no difference between trophy rock and red salt blocks. In fact I have read an article a while back where red salt and trophy rock was tested and they were found to be exactly the same with the trophy rock just costing much more.

I was told by someone who asked a game warden that if the "rock" was out of the package it was legal but if it is in the package it is illegal. This sounds completely absurd and asinine to be splitting hairs like that.

We shouldn't be quibbling over peoples types of salt, next thing you know G&F will take that away from us too.

Also before anyone ask, no this isn't my spot.

Trophy rock is salt no? If you look at the ingredients there is no difference between trophy rock and red salt blocks. In fact I have read an article a while back where red salt and trophy rock was tested and they were found to be exactly the same with the trophy rock just costing much more.

I was told by someone who asked a game warden that if the "rock" was out of the package it was legal but if it is in the package it is illegal. This sounds completely absurd and asinine to be splitting hairs like that.

We shouldn't be quibbling over peoples types of salt, next thing you know G&F will take that away from us too.

Also before anyone ask, no this isn't my spot.

I think you are only allowed to use salt meant for cattle. from the GF website

“Bait” does not include:

Water

Salt or salt-based materials produced and manufactured for the livestock industry

• Like 1

^^^ yup!

"Trophy Rock" is as natural a salt as it gets. Most of it mined in Redmond Utah. Used to get it at all the feed stores by the pound cheap, as big of blocks as you can handle. Now that it is commercialized as trophy rock you can't find it anymore at feed stores in its natural state. However, some feed stores are carrying it crushed in 50lb bags And compressed 50lb blocks. Same stuff just now for livestock.

http://www.redmondnatural.com/products/dura-block-natural-mineral-salt-block/

Brian

• Like 1

interesting. i guess hes ok then. still i hate being on camera. my big buck isnt showing up. maybe he got him. i thought we couldn't hunt over salt.

i stand corrected.

Standman,

I was wondering if anyone else remembered the good old days when you could get it at feed stores by the truck load for pennies.

ThomC,

Yup, grinding it up and dissolving it into the ground works mucho better. Plus no can stumble upon it and bitch. :-)

BO, do you always make a post when you run into a trail cam? Cause, that just seems kinda pointless.

BO, do you always make a post when you run into a trail cam? Cause, that just seems kinda pointless.

no, i thought i stumbled on an illegal substance, but, then i've been informed that salt is ok.

truth be told, i'm pretty sure i know who the hunter is, so i threw this out there to see the reaction of hunting over bait when it's been banned.

i had been told that hunting over salt was illegal.

but then i learned otherwise, so it's a moot post.

• Like 2