Sign in to follow this  

Gwen Hughes

my ol' uncle passed on the 20th. Malcolm Gwen Hughes. sept 5, 1937-aug 20- 2015. fun to be around, excellent marksman, tremendous hunter. born in tennessee. lived most of his life in Az. married to my mom's little sister for 60 year. wonderful husband and father, great friend. was with me when i shot my first dove, javelina and buck. sad to see you leave pard. hang out by the fire with my ol' man until i catch up. go to heaven a hollerin', let em know you're comin'. Lark.

• Like 3

Tough to those cornerstones move on, truly a different generation and world they grew up in compared to ours of today.

I always remember after my mom and dad passed thinking that they were in a spot where they could really keep an eye on me now!!!

Sure sorry to hear of your loss. Mentors and great friends like that are hard to come by. Just remember the good times and we will ALL meet again in heaven.

• Like 1

That sucks all my uncles are gone.Only Dad left. Sorry for Your loss. Lotssa memories..................BOB!

Thanks for the thoughts. Today is his 78th birthday. Gonna be kinda wierd without him around. Talk to my aunt a lot. She's been taking care of him for quite awhile and she said she feels like she lost her job. We had some lively times. Lark

That was a great eulogy for your uncle, Lark. I'm truly sorry for your loss. My mentor also was an uncle. He was a genuine ol' time cowboy born on 11/11/1911 in Mammoth. He grew up along the San Pedro and fell off his horse dead from a heart attack on a roundup near Chivas Falls in his sixties, which was way too young. I still miss him. I'm 79 now, and I look around and find myself the oldest surviving member of all of my known relatives, and my list of friends still breathing keeps shrinking.

Bill Quimby