Sign in to follow this  
slopoke36

2015 Coues Deer

Took me several years to learn this area with countless glassing sessions. I know there are bigger bucks in there than the one I shot last year and this year but they are tough to sneak up on (you all know that). I shot this deer a hundred yards from the spike I shot last year, one hour apart in time difference, and 364 days later. Crazy huh? When I first came upon this little guy, he was at 40 yards and feeding towards me. It was fun to watch him do his thing for a while. He got to about 28 yards and we started to play this cat and mouse game of him looking at me and then go back to feeding. He was having a hard time figuring me out. Wind and camo were in my favor. It was hard to wait and not move. I don't know how many times I told my self in my mind to "don't move". Once I felt that I had a good shot and he was feeding I pulled back and let one fly. I shot him quartering to me. Arrow went in his front right shoulder and out his rear left quarter. Full pass through. He went about 30 yards and piled up. I know he isn't a monster of a deer but these Coues deer are tough to hunt and I consider him a trophy and a lot of meat in the freezer.

post-4269-0-68196000-1441132407_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Great job and a coues with a bow is an accomplishment, but I will have to respectively disagree with one of your statements.

" and a lot of meat in the freezer."

:)

• Like 6

Great job and a coues with a bow is an accomplishment, but I will have to respectively disagree with one of your statements.

" and a lot of meat in the freezer."

:)

Haha. I was thinking the same thing! Nice work on the buck, and it'll be some really good meat, but I don't think there'll be a "lot" of it!

• Like 1

Congrats to you on your buck!

• Like 1

It won't be a lot, but you should be able to cut the steaks with a fork. My first buck was like that.

• Like 1

Nice job. I confess, My first 2 coues were spikes. Got lucky on first Muley a descent 4x4. Enjoy dinner..............BOB!

• Like 1

It's like a football game. Right after the game people talk about it. Months later no one remembers the game they just remember you won that game

• Like 1