Sign in to follow this  
Vixen

Ever seen this.

Swollen nose, eyes and the hair was missing. Not warts. Just curious if any one has come across this before. Seemed like some kind of mange.

post-6032-0-67294900-1443159004_thumb.jpg

I've never seen that. I killed a deer in 9 a few years ago with lumps and warts all over his face and body. Did the deer have any teeth, did you ask g&f about it?

Looks like he got stung by something. I had a black lab that got stung by a scorpion and his poor face swelled up and he looked just like a black bear. Lasted a couple days and he was fine.

get this to Jim Hefelfinger from AZGFD to look at it.

More D

• Like 2

The deer was like this every time I glassed him up. This was immediately after he expired. Saw him like this for months and nicknamed him Scarface. Notified G&F next day and not much was said. Was guessing it was probably due to costs. Deer was taken in Oct. of 14 in unit 24a.

Great buck you got yourself there! When I seen your pic his face looked like a coyote to me for some reason?

It was almost bare bone on the bridge of his face. The blood on his snout is not from handling, that's how it was, also not one taxidermist wanted anything to do with the cape... can't blame them haha.

Maybe he got zapped by a rattler

But don't you think after a month it woulda healed up a bit better. He almost acted as if he might have been a bit blind, kinda had the cloudy eyes like an old dog. His antlers were really bladed also. Is this indication of an older buck maybe?

Ya looks like rattle snake

I would buy that. Just that I have seen plenty of animals bitten by rattlers and never ended up bein that tragic. It is possible I guess. Looked as if it was some type of skin disease honestly. I have seen stuff close to this on cattle but it ended up usually bein warts