Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost85

"View New Content" button

anyone else having problems with it? when i click on it, it just says "no new content"

I'll let that one slide this time mulepackhunter. I'd rather not re-ignite that flame. No matter how many times i click, it doesn't change. If i sign out it works. must have messed something up in my settings i guess

You could have one accidental or two things selected under the "Other" filter settings on the left?

The filter for "Just Items I Follow" gets me once in a while.

• Like 2

I have found that if I am in my message box or looking at someones profile that when I click the new content button I will get the newest joined members or if there is none, it will say no new content. Clicking the new content button again like Lance said seems to fix it.

• Like 1

You could have one accidental or two things selected under the "Other" filter settings on the left?

fixed it. thanks man

• Like 1

yes, this is usually the cause of the problems. When you click on View New content, look at the options on the left hand side of the page and make sure you click on what you want (new content since last visit, new within last 24hrs, etc).

Thanks CouesPursuit!

• Like 1

Bump for a new issue, my 'View New Content' is not picking up any threads from the classifieds. Anyone else having the same?

Bump for a new issue, my 'View New Content' is not picking up any threads from the classifieds. Anyone else having the same?

Same here. I didnt notice till I saw your post.

I made a change based on a suggestion by a member. I made it so that the classifieds don't come up with the View New Content. The classified ads are so numerous that they fill up the new content feed and make it hard to see the content that most people come here for...hunt stories and photos. So I figured I would try this for a few days and see if i like it. So far, I really like the change. It makes it a lot easier to see the main content of the forum. Let me know what you guys think.

If you are shopping for gear, you can just click on the Classifieds subforum and see all the posts there. I am also looking into a forum add-on that makes the classifieds more organized and easier to find what you are looking for.

• Like 1

I understand and appreciate your response. One vote here would be to keep the classifieds in the New Content feed, but I'm happy either way, I'll find a way to work with it, thanks for a great site!

• Like 1

Same here!!

Amanda,

I don't mean to pester, but wondering if there may be a common solution as I believe a lot of folks enjoy having the classifieds a bit more handy. Currently, 156/791 users, ~20%, are viewing the classifieds.

Is there any way to add a link similar to the mock up below?

post-3844-0-21276100-1450108320.png

Might make everyone happy. Just a suggestion, again, thanks for a great site.

• Like 2