Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost85

"View New Content" button

I made a change based on a suggestion by a member. I made it so that the classifieds don't come up with the View New Content. The classified ads are so numerous that they fill up the new content feed and make it hard to see the content that most people come here for...hunt stories and photos. So I figured I would try this for a few days and see if i like it. So far, I really like the change. It makes it a lot easier to see the main content of the forum. Let me know what you guys think.

If you are shopping for gear, you can just click on the Classifieds subforum and see all the posts there. I am also looking into a forum add-on that makes the classifieds more organized and easier to find what you are looking for.

I get what ur saying but I am for it to be on main page still. There has been many times I bought things I didn't know I needed or want just because of the good deal... Also for the seller it's more exposure that way as well . It's your forum u can run as u please and I support what ever that is cause I would be lost without Coueswhitetail.com haha thank you for that . Just my 2 cents

• Like 5

I have also been having problems with the classified section. When I click on the tap I get a black screen with the words "Gif 1X1 pixel" that the top on the tab and a tiny dot in the middle of the screen. But I can click on the latest post and see it. Strange

I prefer to see everything the way we always have on this site.. classifieds along with everything else ... I understand the suggestion, and why someone may like that idea. I just would have liked to have seen a thread where the ideas on the many were expressed instead of just making the change based on the suggestion of A Member .... I like the idea of CouesPursuit of at least having a direct link in the header so all the guys looking at classified do not have to always go all the way down the forum menu to click and up date... I am betting most members were in the same habit as myself in just using the new Content and paging back a day or two...

p.s. with this change you can not even filter by forum, choosing classifieds and seeing new content within that forum ... something that anyone could have used to filter to only hunting related and canceling out the classifieds ...

• Like 2

I vote to keep it in the new content as well. Im the same here. I come across stuff I didn't even know I needed all the time.

I think el Diablo said it best.

I think a way to filter new content would have been a better idea...so that folks who don't want to see classifieds can turn that off. I skim the new content maybe once a day and like seeing whatever's moving on the classifieds. I'm sure I've missed some deals too.

I think a way to filter new content would have been a better idea...so that folks who don't want to see classifieds can turn that off. I skim the new content maybe once a day and like seeing whatever's moving on the classifieds. I'm sure I've missed some deals too.

It is already there , That is why I did not see any issue with it the way it was ... if people do not want to see classifieds or any forum for that matter they could customize it for the forums they want to update through new content and save it ... leaving out the ones they don't want to see such as classifieds.

• Like 1