Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

Belt Recommendations...

Looking for a new belt. I've used a nice 1.5" leather belt for a while now. Its a pretty thick leather and has served me well for years. I always wear a OWB kydex holster while out hunting/scouting so it would need to hold that up. I was looking at the Kuiu belt and highly doubt that would work.

Anybody have recommendations on belts?

5.11, wilderness or backhawk or any other the other good riggers/instructor belts. I wear own holster. Winkler knife, flashlight and leatherman, ,2xmag pouch. The heavy duty nylon always holds up.

• Like 1

Go to www.aresgear.com and check out their aegis belt. That's what I use and I can wear my S&W 29 6" on my hip and not know its there. VERY stiff belt. You can get it at larue tactical (larue.com) for less and you get a cool bottle opener and a delicious jar of bbq rub.

• Like 1

Kuiu belt is nice and thin so you do not have wear from hip belt etc...it will not work to carry a gun.

• Like 2

My timberland leather belt that I used for everything including hunting just gave out after 15+ years.

Now I am making just tad over minimum wage, finally, so I was able to buy a dedicated hunting belt. I bought a Blackhawk from wally world. Seams stout enough to tow a truck with.

More D

• Like 1

i bought that heavy nylon 5.11 belt (i think that's the brand) from bass pro. it's that line of clothing they sell for tactical shooting, swat, etc. they had a green color and i wore it all last weekend at kaibab with my glock on my hip and it did a good job, stayed tight, etc. i got the green one...

• Like 1

I had my 40 year old Winchester belt buckle fail on a pack trip last Jan. making it impossible to carry my 1911 while bow hunting.

For nearly a week I had to keep my pants up with a piece of baling twine. I felt like a backwoods version of Lark, muledeerarea33? and Jethro Clampett.

• Like 1

I couldn't find a suitable belt so I had Rocky Minster of Gilbert make me one. It's he11 for stout. Hard to find a decent belt these days.

• Like 1

Maybe not in time, but the gear from BDS are favorites of mine. Their Light Riggers Belt works great for hunting as it is stiff enough to carry holsters etc, but if you are carrying a pack with a waist belt, the buckle doesn't get much in the way. It also has a loop to run a rope trough or hook a carabiner to for recovery.

http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/pd-bds-tactical-riggers-belt.cfm

• Like 1

If you want a high quality leather belt check out the following company:

http://www.orionleathercompany.com/

They make just about every type of leather belt imaginable here in the U.S. They will also custom make one for you if needed. Very reasonable prices for high quality American made belts. I have a couple of belts from them and they are the best ones I own.

I recently picked up this one and love the rustic feel and color:

http://www.orionleathercompany.com/Men-s-1-1-2-rustic-work-belt-p/40mmhhdtnplain999govblksnp.htm

I used the coupon code "FirsttimeOLC" to save $10 on my first order. I believe it still works.

• Like 1