Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Colorado Colors

A vacation was made to southwest Colorado the first full week of October to photograph the changing aspens in the San Juan Mountains near Telluride and Ridgway. Fortunately, a storm brought the first snow to the mountains while I was there. The first weekend without snow sure made the peaks look naked. I had delayed the trip one week in hopes that snow would come to put white frosting on the peaks.

One morning we had a nice window appear in the clouds that allowed Mount Sneffels look over Dallas Creek. This may be my favorite scene of the trip.
Ed1600wGGColoradoFall2015_1_zpsze05xzsl.

Other images from the trip can be seen here in the website gallery:
http://www.plateaulightphotography.com/Landscapes/Coloradolandscapes/Colorado-Fall-Colors-2015/

• Like 4

Beautiful as always.

Did you go thru my.old stomping grounds, Monticello or Dove Creek?

Beautiful as always.

Did you go thru my.old stomping grounds, Monticello or Dove Creek?

Thanks. The closest I got to DC was Dolores going north from Cortez. I think my friend was to be bowhunting deer around Dove Creek this fall.

What kind of camera do you use for you landscapes. Are you using a Digital medium Format ?

At the moment, the camera bag has a Nikon D810.

No medium format. I do not see myself as a hobbyist going that route.

Great pictures as always Doug! I do believe I agree with you on your favorite, just absolutely beautiful.

Very nice shot. The veil or cloud shroud makes for a striking tie in of the peak and brilliant forest.

I guess I missed it too. AMAZING as always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love seeing pictures from the official CW photographer:)