Heat

Any Hits for Bison?

I guess if you like sitting in a blind by a water hole - basically everyday you hunt - from pre dawn till dusk waiting for the possibility the herd will drift or run your way - have fun

Make sure all you guys that drew tags listen to Jay Scott's podcast with Russ Jacoby and the Youtube video that Russ has with the Game and Fish.

• Like 3

That's why I hunt the hurt ranch

Ha! My wife suggested i just go kill 1 there again.. Hope she remembers saying that if not glad i recorded it. ;) Avery's N.M. buffalo taste just as good, well maybe lil less salty! L.O.L.

Got 4 bulls payed for, for the first hunt of December 2nd - 5th 2016 , its free range, 4time

My condolences on those that drew. All I learned from my 32 days up there was to search around town and find ya a place that will rent you a black tundra truck. Big ole bull bison will chase you down the road. :ph34r: :D

But in all seriousness what Rob said is legit. Find everyone that drew the same tag and work together so you're not stepping on each others toes every morning.

Make sure all you guys that drew tags listen to Jay Scott's podcast with Russ Jacoby and the Youtube video that Russ has with the Game and Fish.

• Like 2

My condolences on those that drew. All I learned from my 32 days up there was to search around town and find ya a place that will rent you a black tundra truck. Big ole bull bison will chase you down the road. :ph34r: :D

Big Bull Bison and hot blondes ;)

So, elkahoiic, have you had the tag? I did, I didnt sit in a blind on water or salt for a single hour, , but hiked my butt off climbing in and out of canyons, in snow drifts and ice shoots. Never saw another hunter either. Great hunt, great experience, and great memories. I'm getting a little tired of nay sayers shooting out negative crap to people who have the tags, its like any other hunt, it is what you make of it. Those lucky enough to draw the hunt should be excited, but understand that it can be a tough hunt, frustrating, and demanding. Those who haven't, or didnt have a successful hunt by the requirement of filling their tag should not be trying to crush the excitement of those who are fortunate enough to draw.

On another note, hunters may soon be able to hunt in the GC Park, thanks to our state Senators, if that s the case, there will be some big bulls hitting the dirt once the tourists leave!

• Like 1

So, elkahoiic, have you had the tag? I did, I didnt sit in a blind on water or salt for a single hour, , but hiked my butt off climbing in and out of canyons, in snow drifts and ice shoots. Never saw another hunter either. Great hunt, great experience, and great memories. I'm getting a little tired of nay sayers shooting out negative crap to people who have the tags, its like any other hunt, it is what you make of it. Those lucky enough to draw the hunt should be excited, but understand that it can be a tough hunt, frustrating, and demanding. Those who haven't, or didnt have a successful hunt by the requirement of filling their tag should not be trying to crush the excitement of those who are fortunate enough to draw.

On another note, hunters may soon be able to hunt in the GC Park, thanks to our state Senators, if that s the case, there will be some big bulls hitting the dirt once the tourists leave!

+1 I couldn't agree with you more!!! I had a cow tag in September and I had an amazing hunt. Go in with a good attitude hunt hard and make it a great hunt.
  • Like 1

No - I've never drawn a tag on the occasions I've had the funds or the time to apply.

I guess my post sounded a bit negative - I do have several close friends whom have drawn tags over the yrs .

what I stated doesn't have to apply to everyone - I'm sure everyone should try to hunt as they like - great I hope all get a chance to see some buffalo and fill a tag .

if your in the north Kiabab the fact is most every water hole has a blind - there is a limited number of these scattered across the hunting area -

Most guides / hunters find this the most productive way to hunt these bison is to sit water - when they are off the national park -

Here's where part of that work together comes into play as hunters jockey to be in the right spot at the right time , somebody will most likely be in one of those blinds.

I volunteered to help and was told what to expect -

sorry if I sounded negative to you and others

I hope everyone has a great time and tags out

• Like 1

I was unsuccessful on the buffalo but at the same time had one of the most amazing hunts ever. The bab is a special place and just to have a tag to hunt such an iconic American animal was a feeling like no other.

• Like 1