DBArcher

Unit 22 Archery Spring Bear

Looks like I drew a 22 spring tag, Im super excited as this is my first spring bear tag. I have a question for previous tag holders. Is there a certain food type that these bears will frequent or are they just cruising looking for females. Should I try and hunt water or call. Im gonna try to call the biologist in a few weeks to see what he says, just figured I would try for a head start. Thanks Daniel

Congrats man! I drew the same tag. This will be my first spring bear tag.

Spring bear hunting will drive you nuts@!

• Like 3

Spring bear hunting will drive you nuts@!

^^^^^^ +100

The last few tags I've had I called and sat water. I feel sitting water is best after the temps hit 100. Before then I think glassing is best. Once you've glassed one up you can try to get close and start calling. Spring Bear is REALLY, REALLY tough hunting. Think of it as a great chance to scout for Fall Bear:)

Bear permit # not possible:

I posted this in the Javi section but since my tag # issue is with archery bear in 22, I copied it here.

I suggest looking at the G&F main site draw results so you can view your tag #'s. NOT your portal as mine now shows I have NO tags, licenses or permits but I do have my old bonus points! Before today, it showed my unsuccessful turkey and successful bear. My bear tag # is up in the high multiple thousand range and should be no higher than the number of permits issued per hunt #. The book indicates only 275 tags for all archery permits and only 50 in my unit. (Archery bear Unit 22) If your tag # is less than the number of permits issued for that hunt #, you are probably good to go. Maybe. If not.... well..... dunno....

It was confirmed this morning with someone in the draw section at AZGF that my permit # is impossible and to wait for a resolution.

I was also told last week that my pig application was there but nothing indicating that it ever made it into the draw. Today, there is nothing even indicating that they received my app.

Until they have a proposed solution in the works, I would take anything they say with a grain of salt. I am a bit surprised they have not posted anything regarding this on their site though.

As frustrating as this is, I hope everyone remains patient with them. 5000 people yelling at them won't get anything resolved any faster. There will be plenty of time to take them out to the wood shed after they sort this mess out.

Good luck to all.

Hi Guys,

My buddy has the same tag. I will probably go with him a few days here and there but he mentioned today that he might be interested in pairing up with someone else who has this tag. He is a good bear hunter, we primarily spot and staulk but for spring bear my personal opinion is that spot and call, blind calling or sitting proven water holes will probably be the most effective way. Our preference is to glass. He is also familiar with 22 to a certain degree. If anyones hunting style aligns with this and would be interested in having a partner, let me know.