Sign in to follow this  
wendt

20b Junior Javelina

My son was drawn for the junior tag in 20b-21. I have hunted 21 some in years past but the javelin population in 21 is not what it used to be. So I am looking for help in 20b. I have scouted south of Cordes Junction and north of Lake Pleasant with no luck. Not looking for secret spots just some areas where we might see a javelin. His hunt starts 1/22/16. Thanks Mike

I don't know the unit but look for high ground that you can see as many slopes that the sun hits first from the same spot. It will be cold most likely and they like their sun.

The badger springs exit on both sides of I-17 can hold pigs have seen them in here from time to time

• Like 1

West on table Mesa, glass the canyon. Had a bluff charge 4 days ago that came within feet of me, he deserves to die. Good luck

• Like 2

post-8969-0-69240700-1453851796_thumb.jpg

I would like to thank everyone for there help with areas to check out and spots to look at. My son got his first javelina and 2nd big game animal in 4 months. His first was a Kaibab doe. We found some javelina in a different area of 20b where I didn't expect them to be. But he dropped this sow on his first shot at 80 yards with his Remington 700 .243 One proud dad here. I think he is hooked on hunting!!

Thanks again everybody,

Mike

• Like 14

Congrats! I'm still waiting for the stars to align and get my daughter out and on javelina!