Ernesto C

My great buck, great blessing!

After a severe back injury, after been practically paralyzed and not being able to walk for over a month, sleepless nights with excruciating pain and 4 months later you barely start to move around slowly...you start to wonder .....

Several months later...

While I was driving on I-8 to this ranch I wast thinking that I couldn't believe I was going to this hunt by my self; first time for me hunting solo. Little that I knew that was going to be a very special experience.

Border crossing like always went very smooth every body smiling, very professional and wishing a happy new year :) While driving I was admiring the beautiful desert landscape and its mountains, it was cold and it was excited and happy to be out.

Got to the ranch where the owners and very good friends were waiting for me, we had a great chat for a while and then we proceeded to cook on mesquite wood some fine "carne asada"

To make long story short, the following morning I was hunting this area no one had hunted before and I was excited to try it. Glassed what it looked to be a nice buck but wanted to get closer for a better look. I estimated the buck to be at around 1,300 yards away, watching the wind direction, I slowly and carefully moved towards the buck. Bucks was bedded down and the sun was at my back which I thought was great cause it will not be so easy to spot me. Finally got to the some huge rocks where I slowly peek over the rocks and glassed the buck still bedded down, the range finder told me he was at 377 yards away.

Carefully placed my sweater on a big rock and placed my rifle there, looked at the buck and now he was standing broadside to me, I aimed for his vitals...KABBOOMM!! the sound of my rifle broke the silence of that beautiful and gigantic mountain from the sonoran desert. I couldn't see the buck anymore but I saw something bright, red and shining back at me. Looked through rifle scope and binoculars and it was the blood from the buck on a big boulder..bright and shining, I thought or said to my self, "man I will not need to go and look for that buck, I will just walk straight to that red bright shining rock" :)

When I got to my buck, there was no ground shrinkage at all! I held his head on my hands I could not believe how beautiful he was. The more I looked at him the more I like it!

Then for unknown reasons to me it came to my mind my back injury from months before and that horrible pain I had... look at your self right now Ernesto Cibrian I thought; God is Great! You were wondering if you will ever be the same and look at what you have accomplished now! I felt like the King of World! It was a very emotional time for me and as tears of joy and appreciation came to my eyes I did not knew what to say...I just said thank you, thank you, thank you Lord my great buck my great blessing!

Since that day, I'm not the same my fellow Coues hunters, not that I did not appreciate my life, friends and family before; but now I see, appreciate everything and everyone even more and live life day by day to it's fullest!

Happy New year everyone! Wish all of you and your love ones a healthy and succesful 2016! and thanks for reading :)

Ernesto C

post-2893-0-93029900-1451525996_thumb.jpg

Here is a small vid..

• Like 18

Congrats from what I can tell it looks like a great buck glad to hear you could make it back into the field after such a bad injury I am headed down to Mexico in two weeks too chase the grey ghosts

• Like 1

Dude that got me pumped. And to know that I will be the 2nd hunter to hunt that mountain and five days to get it done is awesome. A week from right now I will be packed and ready to go. Congrats on a great buck.

• Like 1

What a sweet buck

• Like 1

Congratulations again Ernesto! That is a beautiful buck!!! Great shot :)

• Like 1

AOO' DISH NEH!! :) Hey my friends, thank you very much all for your comments, I'm still admiring enjoying the memories and this great buck! Thank you all :)

Ernesto C

• Like 1

Congratulations again Ernesto on a great buck! Very awesome my friend to go solo after everything you've been through with your back.

• Like 1

Congratulations on a GREAT Buck Ernesto! So glad are able to hunt again! God is Good all of the time!

• Like 1