Farmer

December Coues tag filled

Drew a December Coues rifle tag for the 2nd time in 3 years. Am a non-resident and my point total provided the 2013 tag during the 20% pass. I drew the tag this year in the random pass which took lots of luck since very few tags and lots of applicants.

Used a local guide for the 2013 hunt and enjoyed the experience so much was very happy the same guide was available for this hunt as well. This guy knows Coues and you can tell he enjoys being out glassing even when he does not hold the tag.

Attached is a close up of the horns.

Question: Is that the eye guard that resembles a third beam? Shares a base with the normal main beam so do not think is actually another beam. Not sure. You can even see a small point which may be the eye guard nestled between the main beam and the eye guard (or third beam).

post-7941-0-94939500-1451623215_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Wow! Congrats on very unique buck. What did he score and what guide service did you use? If you don't mind me asking.

Wow! Congrats on very unique buck. What did he score and what guide service did you use? If you don't mind me asking.

I am not sure if get a circumference on the odd "beam" or if get circumference of entire base at smallest place before first point which may be the little 1 1/4" point.

I get 94.5" gross one way and 88" the other way. Net is for fishing on a odd set of horns like this.

PM sent re guide.

Got these pictures from a friend.

Cool buck! Congrats!

AZ RANGER what is the story behind the live pictures of the buck in the snow.

Got these pictures from a friend.

Cool buck! Congrats!

AZ RANGER what is the story behind the live pictures of the buck in the snow.

I don't have much of a story. Just that a friend saw this buck a few weeks ago and took some pictures. When we saw a the buck on here he said I could share the photos for the op.

That's an awesome buck! Love the color on em.