520HUNT

antelope bonus points

This shows how many got drawn and how many points they had. Look at the column that says "Next-Year pool" and add one bonus point to what they had last year.

https://azgfdportal.devaz.gov/PortalImages/files/hunting/draw/bonusPts/antElk2015/2015%20Pronghorn%20and%20Elk%20-%20Bonus%20Point%20Report%20-%201-2%20Pass%20by%20Genus.pdf

So I am sitting on 18 points so according to the above link I might have a chance in 5-7 years from now. Key word there might!!

• Like 1

my father is one of those that has 22 points. Just cant afford a guide yet and he is not able to spend that much time in the field scouting right now :(

Yeah, antelope draw odds are discouraging to say the least. With 18bp only have about a 2% draw increase over someone with 0bp, for rifle hunts

• Like 4

I know one thing for sure. If ya don't apply ya never get a tag. I just apply and forget about it until next year. I got drawn once. 21 years ago. Friend of mine got drawn 3 outta 4 years. No archery tags either. Just how it works. Lark

• Like 3

I had 18 points last year when i got drawn for my rifle hunt, so it can happen.

"SO YOUR TELLING ME THERE'S A CHANCE?"

• Like 3

A little off topic, but still applicable. Can you imagine what the odds would be I'd hb2072 woulda got snuck in? Az goat tags are a helluva thing. Lark

If that info on bonus numbers is accurate, I'm one of the six just off the maximum. Homework time!

So with the point creep you should only have about 15 years to draw.

I'm going to get an archery tag this year. Ive Got enough points. :)

Brian

• Like 1