Sign in to follow this  
idgaf

sometimes

Sometimes hunting/tracking a wounded animal is like playing a twenty inning baseball game and losing. What I thought was a perfect shot, I quickly learned was a little far back with no blood. Two days of dry tracking and many miles walked we finally gave in. This would have been my largest buck score wise. Still hurts.

post-4480-0-59542700-1452689891_thumb.jpg

Tough....

I know your pain.

Dang, looks like good blood on that arrow. Sorry to hear you didn't find your buck!

Hang in there buddy. Unfortunately it happens. My dad lost a huge 7x7 bull elk some years back with a muzzleloader. We tracked a real good blood trail for hours, then it just stopped. Looked for him the rest of his hunt and nothing. That lost bull haunted my dad till the day he died. Just keep your head up and try not to let that buck get you down.

• Like 1

I just went through that in october when my buddies cousin shot a doe back in Nebraska. 3 of us looking for hours and the blood trail just vanished. Crappy situation.

well at least you got in arrow in him, no birds? I blew it on the biggest deer I've had a chance at last night.

It may have been just coincidence but the birds were in the area alot looking for something. They could not pinpoint either. It was one of my better stalks, closing a couple hundred yards on flat ground on moving animals (4 sets of eyes)

well at least you got in arrow in him, no birds? I blew it on the biggest deer I've had a chance at last night.

Don't lie, it was the biggest DEAR you've had a chance at

• Like 1