Sign in to follow this  
TwoGuns

The end of a long journey, and the beginning of another

I am a pretty private guy. I like to keep to myself most of the time. But I feel like this is worth sharing. Our family has been in the process of adopting a little boy from an orphanage in Bulgaria for the last year and 6 months. Through Gods provision we were able to raise the funds, and are finally in country for our pick up trip. Israel will be our 4th adoption, maybe our last. I think I'm getting too old for this much of a challenge.

Our family are pretty big advocates for orphans and adoption. Not much more of a quality thing one can do to change the world. Just in Arizona there are over 16,000 kids in foster care. Maybe you will consider being willing. It is a blessing for all involved.

Here are some pics.

post-1077-0-70402600-1452859944_thumb.jpeg

post-1077-0-96033000-1452860115_thumb.jpeg

post-1077-0-71083600-1452860256_thumb.jpeg

post-1077-0-08762200-1452860767_thumb.jpeg

• Like 18

Here we are taking our boy out of the heck hole he called home for the last 4.5 years. He has never had a mom or dad, no brothers and sisters, no one to love him or tuck him in at night. That will no longer be true.

post-1077-0-24171300-1452861442_thumb.jpeg

• Like 20

It is too early for a grown man to be crying.

I firmly believe there are saints walking the earth, and you and your wife are living proof. Seriously one of the most selfless, loving acts you could ever do. Bless you and your family, and God is smiling down upon you all right now. Best of luck, and keep us informed. Thank you for the motivation, and for putting our first world problems in perspective.

• Like 16

My wife and i are wanting to do the same but the costs involved just seem too overwhelming. Glad you were able to do it as those kids really dont have much to look forward to in life.

• Like 2

agreeing with Lance, its way to early to be crying... but here I am. Congratulations to you and your family and your new angel. God bless you.

• Like 1

Got some friends who did that.

Have a boy from Russia who is now 17 and a girl who is 8 from Columbia (iirc) both really great kids.

Have much respect for people that can do that.

• Like 1

It is too early for a grown man to be crying.

From the pictures I assume your little guy might have some physical challenges as well.

Wow, you are truly beautiful people.

• Like 1