Sign in to follow this  
218buck

2016 Mexico Coues

I just got back from a 4 day hunt to Mexico we saw a lot of deer just not many shooter bucks. The bucks were rutting lots of activity we were finding bucks chasing does allover the place, the only problem was that most all of them were young two points and three points they were everywhere. The rancher told us that the bucks just didn't get big this year. Two of the guys with me had never shot a coues so they shot the first decent bucks they saw. We finally found this buck chasing does before we could get to him he had disappeared on us, we had an idea were he went but not positive. I had brought a primos estrus can and a grunt call just to see if these deer would respond. Since we weren't exactly sure were the buck was I decided to give the calls a try so I used the can a few times followed up with a few grunts. Instantaneously the buck popped up over a ridge below us took one look at him saw it was the shooter buck from earlier ranged him at 320 and let the 257 mag do its job. post-7688-0-89091300-1453127031_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Nice buck

• Like 1

Very nice buck, congratulations! Interesting on the calling as well.

• Like 1

Great buck. I had a grunt with me down there but never got a chance to try it out. It is nice to know that they work. Congrats on what sounded like a tough hunt.

• Like 1