standman

Cage Trap Trail Cam Video

Ok, here is a trail cam video of a cage trap of mine taken this morning. It is fairly long (15:30). If you watch just the first 3-4 minutes and the last 3-4 minutes it will probably be all you need to see, or you can watch the whole thing :)

Just know that at the end you will laugh out loud at what happens. :o

Brian

• Like 3

Persistence pays off sorry for your lost fox but i am sure you of anyone could call it in.

Sly critter there for sure. Looks like he gotta outta there in the nick of time

The door has a lock on it to keep it from coming up. Im still not exactly sure how he did it. I tried for an hour and it takes lots of strength to get it open. Sly indeed. Needless to say, I spent today modifying door locks.

Briqn

Houdini ! Did you figure out what allowed him to do that? Something foul the lock?

I have a couple videos of big fox backing out of cages when the door fell and their tail was just enough to keep the latch from locking. Setting the lock to engage early, adding a small gap for a buffer at the bottom stopped the escapes.

A friend and I added a small piece of 1/4 rod welded to the slide for the gate right behind the lock so that they cant lift the gate on the trap more than 1" . Otherwise the lock can spin and they can lift the whole thing for a clean get away. Took some trial and error but figured it out pretty quick.