Sign in to follow this  
creed_az_88

Done for the Year

Tagging out this last weekend was the cherry on top of what was one epic January. I got to lay my eyes on more truly big bucks this last month than I ever have in an entire year. I got to see a couple of lions and I spent some time in some beautiful and remote places with some really good people. I don't usually spend much time near roads while hunting, so my wife, parents and two daughters being able to hike to this buck made it that much more special and is what really made me decide that this deer was a shooter. I was able to get 33 yards from this buck before waiting a little over two hours for him to stand up. As the sun started to drop behind the horizon, he finally stood up and I was able to zip an arrow through him. I hate hunting in the wind, but it definitely made this stalk a little easier. He is not a monster by any means, but he is a memory with my family that I will not soon forget. It's been a couple of years since I last wrapped my archery tag around a coues buck, and unfortunately it'll be another 11 months before I get to try to do it again. Here's a pic of him in his bed from where I spent my long, cold, two+ hours waiting for him to stand.post-256-0-87412200-1454557482_thumb.jpeg This is him right before I first laid my hands on him.post-256-0-76416700-1454557610_thumb.jpeg and this is him as i waited for my family to make it up to me. Thanks for looking, Creed.

post-256-0-26821800-1454594473_thumb.jpg

• Like 21

Nice buck congrats especially on getting it done with your bow

Solid Buck all the way around, nice job .... Saying you are done for the year does not make you sound very optimistic about getting drawn for other hunts.

Id be proud as heck for killing a buck like that. Your patients really paid off. My hats off to you, he is a beautiful buck, Congrats and way to stick with it!

Nice buck!

Congrats!!!

James

Congratulations again on a stellar buck! You have consistently been laying the smack down on some beautiful bucks over the years and I absolutely love to see it! Good job on another archery brute.