Sign in to follow this  
cramerhunts

Start to a busy spring!-Update-Osceola Down.

I can't believe the time has almost come to load up and head to Florida this weekend for the South Zone Youth Hunt. With a little luck my daughter Jaycie will be pulling down on a big ole Osceola come Saturday morning. She has practiced her butt off with her 20 gauge turkey slayer I built and she is definitely confident in her equipment.

post-216-0-32207900-1456285140_thumb.jpeg

post-216-0-43036400-1456285258_thumb.jpeg

post-216-0-06689800-1456285676_thumb.jpeg

After Florida we head to Texas to chase Rio's and finish up in Arzona with a Merriam's tag in her pocket. If things go well she'll only lack an Eastern to complete her Royal Slam. I will do my best to update this thread as the adventures unfold. Flying high on anticipation and excitement! Nothing better than hunting with your kids.

trim.D9D41D7F-8892-4481-998A-0D06A757E448.MOV

• Like 14

Good luck! My daughter and I are talking about a similar trip in the future!

• Like 1

Sounds like a fun adventure. Please take lots of pictures to share with us.

• Like 1

Sounds like a busy spring for sure. Best of luck to you guys out there!

• Like 1

Good luck. You got a connection for Osceola's? I may need it next year...............BOB!

• Like 1

I can't believe the time has almost come to load up and head to Florida this weekend for the South Zone Youth Hunt. With a little luck my daughter Jaycie will be pulling down on a big ole Osceola come Saturday morning. She has practiced her butt off with her 20 gauge turkey slayer I built and she is definitely confident in her equipment.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

After Florida we head to Texas to chase Rio's and finish up in Arzona with a Merriam's tag in her pocket. If things go well she'll only lack an Eastern to complete her Royal Slam. I will do my best to update this thread as the adventures unfold. Flying high on anticipation and excitement! Nothing better than hunting with your kids.

don't forget the Ocellated for the World Slam.

I like e Aoudad on the wall

• Like 1

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I know it's been windy down there the last few days so the birds have not been real active. the winds are suppose to die down this weekend so it should be good. If you let me know what area you're hunting my friend is the director of the Fish and Wildlife down there and he can let me know how the birds in your area are behaving.

• Like 2

Getting really close now! We are hunting with Ben Balcer and Charley Olson with Swamp Gobbler Outfitters near Okeechobee. They've had some bad weather for sure lately but this weekend is looking good! As of last week and weekend they were sounding off really good on the limb and intermittently after fly down. They big flocks have broke up and they've seen some toms out strutting so I hope we will have some good action.

I will gladly take any and all information! Thank you for that generous offer.

Oh and trust me she has already been talking about the Ocellated.

I've got the camera charged and the tripod ready to hopefully get some good footage.

Thanks everybody!

• Like 3

Getting really close now! We are hunting with Ben Balcer and Charley Olson with Swamp Gobbler Outfitters near Okeechobee. They've had some bad weather for sure lately but this weekend is looking good! As of last week and weekend they were sounding off really good on the limb and intermittently after fly down. They big flocks have broke up and they've seen some toms out strutting so I hope we will have some good action.

I will gladly take any and all information! Thank you for that generous offer.

Oh and trust me she has already been talking about the Ocellated.

I've got the camera charged and the tripod ready to hopefully get some good footage.

Thanks everybody!

one of the officers in the West Palm area told my friend "They've been gobbling around here for a while it's too hot out, not normal for sure". besides a little heat sounds like you'll be hearing a lot of gobbling thats a good thing, bug juice for them squitoes might come in handy. Good Luck hope Jaycie bags a big beard with nice spurs looking forward to some pics and video.