Sign in to follow this  
grizzly

Anyone else do P90X?

Im in my 4th week and very happy with the results. I still cheat on extra reps and use the pause button alot but the progress is undeniable.

I would love to but I am getting old and the abuse from my younger days is taking a toll on me. Bad knees, torn rotator cuffs, broken/dislocated multiple bones over the years and the arthritis that has set in makes it impossible to do a workout like P90X or Crossfit. I still work out regularly but have limitations.

I am pretty envious of you younger studs that can do this type of workout.

Pam the Blam

She's freaking amazing! Could probably kick through a brick wall.

I've wanted to try it, but didn't want to spend the money for something that would only be used a few times.

There's a few videos on Youtube. I'd do a search- see if you like it.

It's a solid plan. And you go at your own pace. The wife and I swear by it.

With a proper diet it works like a charm. Went from a keg to a six pac the first time I did it. Life got in the way but I'm getting ready to do another cycle of it...

The first month of the diet plan is brutal and I always seemed to be hungry. But second month is very doable and third month is "normal" healthy food. I used their guidelines and made my own menu, their menu, while appealing, takes too much time, effort and and lots of shopping.

It is tough but if you stick with it and eat right you will get results. Good luck!

Im in my 4th week and very happy with the results. I still cheat on extra reps and use the pause button alot but the progress is undeniable.

And the chair for pull ups! No one should be able to do that many without help.

I used to do it and it did work for sure. I need to start again, i'm too fat right now.

I drew a elk tag this year, I plan on hitting it 12 weeks before the hunt. I'm sure some people act differently to different workout and such. I know for me personally it works great. Last year during summer ball I finished up my gym routine about mid season and got a few weeks of p90 in before it was over and my athleticism was noticeably better.

Something similar here but free. Im sure the P90x is more thorough but this is a good start and if you like it the 90x would be an upgrade. You can buy the P90X vids on Ebay for a fraction of the cost of new.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fitness-apps.html#shortcutToShredAppBG

Looks like im starting it this week... The wife wants me to try and get in " beach shape" before her brothers wedding in June. We shall see what happens

I did it for 2 months and saw no results except I was able to do all of the workouts. So I think it has far more to do with the diet too. We were and are way too poor to buy those foods.

And Pam couldn't kick through a wall, lol. She has no real form or force. Just impressive workout skills!