Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Huge cat on the Navajo?

The Navajo has its share of 200 inchers. I would bet a 1000 dollars that cat ate several. Have you ever been to the Navajo. Probably not.

I've been to the navajo several times actually. Turkey hunting and lion hunting. I just think people are stupid that think lions only eat big deer. Let alone 200 inch bucks. There may be a good number of 200 inchers there but doesn't mean that lion is chowing down on them every week. People have a bad image of lions eating big bucks every week. I promise I've seen more small game lion kills and small calf elk lion kills than deer kills. But don't let the facts ruin your good story about the big buck killing lion :)
  • Like 1

Why are we arguing about how many 200 inchers it's killed? lol It's probably killed more SHEEP than anything.

No no coues magnet said so so that lion kills multiple 200 inchers a year. The lion is too hard core to go kill the easy to get sheep, rabbits, calf elk etc. .

Holy crap. Who gives a rats @$$ what the thing ate? It ate a bunch of protein and grew huge. Other then that wtf does it matter!!!!

Big lions like that eat more deer than anything. A rabbit ain't worth the calorie burn to em. A decent sized doe will last a few meals. Depending on the weather. They ain't very tolerant to spoiled meat. When a lion makes a kill they will eat so much their belly will literally drag the ground. Then lay around a day or so and do it again. If you find a really fresh kill, look around, the lion is gonna be right there close. Probly trying to digest 30 lbs o' venison. Lotsa bucks get killed by lions because a buck will try to fight em. Don't know if this guy killed any 200 inchers, but I bet he ate several potential 200 inchers. And the Navajo rez is 200 inch country. Spend some time in the chuskas some time. Lark

The Navajo has its share of 200 inchers. I would bet a 1000 dollars that cat ate several. Have you ever been to the Navajo. Probably not.

I've been to the navajo several times actually. Turkey hunting and lion hunting. I just think people are stupid that think lions only eat big deer. Let alone 200 inch bucks. There may be a good number of 200 inchers there but doesn't mean that lion is chowing down on them every week. People have a bad image of lions eating big bucks every week. I promise I've seen more small game lion kills and small calf elk lion kills than deer kills. But don't let the facts ruin your good story about the big buck killing lion :)
Bone 7 I could care less if the cat ate his own tail. I wasn't arguing ever about what he ate and I could care less if he ate little skunks only. I never said the buck ate multiple 200 inchers a year ever. I did say however that he probably ate several over his 10 years of cruising, that's 3600 diff days to eat and run into a big buck. That's all I was saying and coulple3600 plus nights out there running around the cat most likely ran into a couple 200 ichers especially on the Navajo. Where in my initial reply did I say anyhring about the cat only eating any kind of animal let alone only big bucks. Again I thank you for the absolutely stupendous tutorial on a lions diet. And thanks for correcting something I never once said. Again 2 or 3 big bucks in a 3600 day life span would equate to less than a percent of his diet. Anymore wonderful tutorials would be appreciated. I regret even saying the deer ate anything at all other than spikes and rabbits.

Holy crap. Who gives a rats @$$ what the thing ate? It ate a bunch of protein and grew huge. Other then that wtf does it matter!!!!

Maybe that lion was a trophy hunter instead of after modest meat bucks? Lark

I am going to guess he was a road hunter by all the extra weight he was carrying.

• Like 3

Maybe that lion was a trophy hunter instead of after modest meat bucks? Lark

I am going to guess he was a road hunter by all the extra weight he was carrying.

He does kinda look like he wasnt the stealthiest guy in the woods. Im guessing sheep, range cattle, little kick-me-dogs and joggers.

So you can tell by looking at a lion how sneaky he is? They don't get that big by bein' stupid. And I never seen even 1 lion that weren't sneakier than a cool breeze. Lark