Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Huge cat on the Navajo?

So you can tell by looking at a lion how sneaky he is? They don't get that big by bein' stupid. And I never seen even 1 lion that weren't sneakier than a cool breeze. Lark

Since he died after he came running into a call, id say he got that big by being some place where there was a ton of food, he didn't have to work that hard for it, and he probably hadnt had too many close calls with humans. he was fooled by a call and then shot for his mistake: therfore i say this is the baby hewey of lions, not the stephen hawkings of them. If he was the stephen hawkings of lions he wouldve spotted it as a fake call and rolled his little lion sized electric wheel chair the other way.

Either way, hes a biggin! Impressive cat for sure.

Congratulations to the shed hunter-and whomever was with him . Big healthy looking cat--whatever he was ingesting was plentiful by the looks of him.

Update From The Rez

Bill: here is the info on the lion. Tom

Re: Navajo Lion
Tom, I talked to Steve xxxxx about the Navajo lion in the pic. He says its legit. Indian’s name is Yazzie. He just happened to see the cat from his car—out near Shiprock!

Shot it and took it to the wildlife office whole. Wt. 209 pounds. That pushes up against Teddy Roosevelt’s 229 pounder. Truly a big cat.