azelkhunter69

12AW or 12BW ?

Azelkhunter.

didnt read the story till today then read the post below. your story is a typical dad story about getting turned around. my father did that alot when we were hunting as well. always had a good outcome.

Glad you got to spend time with your Father outdoors before he got to sick whether you killed something or not you will always remember the good and bad times you had together.

I lost my Father about 8 years ago we always had a great time outdoors when I was a kid even if we had arguments or I got in trouble before a hunt fishing trip or camping trip he always asked if I wanted to go NEVER FAILED. funny cause until we hit our 40's we dont realize how cool out fathers are. we did lots of hunting and fishing together and it was funner the older we both gotten.

One thing I would recommend is talk to your father about everything and anything you felt like you should say, A friend of mine told me this Before my fathers Passing and I didnt worse feeling you will ever have. I tried just couldnt find the right words, and I think he knew what I was trying to say but always changed the subject and smiled. Funny cause all I wanted to say was.. Dad we had good times and bad times ,whether we got in arguments and we got pissed at one another or I screwed up and you beat my butt, I would have never have changed anything in my life.

wish you and your family the best.

Delw

• Like 4

My dad was sick leading up to this hunt and being a stubborn old timer, wouldn't go to the Dr. Made him go before the hunt and Dr. told him to come back after to get an XRAY on his lungs. Turns out he has lung cancer. Got biopsy and it has spread to his lymph nodes and possibly his liver. This may have been the last hunt we ever go on. The hunt was not what we hoped for, but I am glad I got to spend 10 days in the woods with my dad, best friend and hunting partner. Enjoy every minute with your family. You never know when it will end. As a kid growing up in NY, I have been lucky to spend many years here in AZ hunting animals my dad and I only dreamed of. Love you dad. Hoping for one more hunt.

Very sorry to hear this and I am so glad you got that trip with Dad. My family will be praying for yours.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. My brother-in-law tried to make me feel a little better and also make me realize how good I have had it over the years. He didn't have that type of relationship with his dad and wished he did. I have been blessed to have had many many years hunting with my dad and also other things we did together throughout the years. I know I've had it better than some, but it is still hard. We never want our parents to die. But we all do at some point. We will make the best of what time we have left.