DUG

RIP Uncle Bud

My wife's Great Uncle 'Bud' Lon Ellington passed away recently at age 85. Some of you here may have run into him flyfishing in the White Mtns or may have used his flies. His most famous is the Arizona Peacock Lady. My wife still has a mouse fly made of elk hair that he gave her about 20 years ago.

• Like 8

Lon Ellington was my uncle also.I grew up fishing around him and my grampa john ashby.I'm sure he will missed by a lot of people.He was well known in the fly fishing circles.RIP uncle Bud

I only knew him for a short time when we worked on a construction project together in the late 80's. He was a great guy to be around.

This bummed me out. When I was a kid, I would buy fly tying materials from him in Phoenix. He was always free with advice and always slipped some freebies in the bag. I'm pouring a whiskey for him now.

I've seen him in a few articles and never got the honor of meeting him. Life is shorter than you know. Sounds like someone I would have wanted to sit and talk to. My deepest condolences to family and friends.

TJ