capoeirajosh

Kuiu icon pro frame cracked

Has anyone else had this happen?? How did Kuiu treat you if it did? I am running an Exo Mountain Gear now, but sold my brother my Kuiu pack. Little over a year old and he noticed that the frame was cracked. Worse come to worse, he has to buy a new frame.

They will warranty it. With their carbon frames, it is not "if" it will crack, it is "when" will it crack. They have gotten better over the years, but they still crack. Contact them, and they should make it right.

That's good to know!! Thanks for the heads up. I just sent them an email with a picture of the crack.

They will take care of it, but that still sucks. That being said, I've never heard of any failure whatsover on the carbon/wood composite stays on a Kifaru.

I am currently using a titanium frame. Running the Exo Mountain Gear 3500. LOVING this set up.

I really want to give that EXO a try!

It's AMAZING! Simple, but VERY efficient and functional pack.

I just bought the EXO. It is Awesome! Initially i was looking at Kuiu, but after a little research the Internet told me about the frame issues. Also Exo made in Montana with lifetime warranty. Kuiu made in China. .

• Like 1

I just bought the EXO. It is Awesome! Initially i was looking at Kuiu, but after a little research the Internet told me about the frame issues. Also Exo made in Montana with lifetime warranty. Kuiu made in China. .

Nice!! Did you go with the 3500 or 5500?

Has anyone else had this happen?? How did Kuiu treat you if it did? I am running an Exo Mountain Gear now, but sold my brother my Kuiu pack. Little over a year old and he noticed that the frame was cracked. Worse come to worse, he has to buy a new frame.

What year, model Kuiu pack? I read they had trouble with the older frames. I believe they redesigned it last year. I just bought the Icon Pro 3200. I had a little trouble with the fit using the tall frame. Now I have the regular size frame and fits me better. The pack looks like good quality materials and assembly. The true test will be when I get it on the trail.

What year, model Kuiu pack? I read they had trouble with the older frames. I believe they redesigned it last year. I just bought the Icon Pro 3200. I had a little trouble with the fit using the tall frame. Now I have the regular size frame and fits me better. The pack looks like good quality materials and assembly. The true test will be when I get it on the trail.

It's is a a Icon Pro 5200. Kuiu is going to warranty the frame and give me a new one. Just sent it out to them a few days ago.

• Like 1