chewy15

who is excited for deer already?

Well no elk tag for me this year but my wife drew a late muzzy cow tag in 3b. I live as far north as you can get in az so I play on the Kaibab a lot. Hope to draw a tag for rifle or archery this year!!! I will be posting game cam pics as well as still shot photos for the 2016 session on this thread starting next month.

• Like 3

I have taken one nice buck up there and I haven't been drawn since. Took my father in law last year who is a champ Hunter that decided to hunt with his long bow during the archery hunt. He missed some great dear and we put some great stalks on others. I love going up and helping people on the Kaibab!!!

When I draw the tag I will give You a hollar.......BOB!

Can't wait for deer season. My goal is to be in Kiabab this year! Can't wait for the deer draw!

Great pics! The Kaibab is a magical place!

Chewy15

Thanks for sharing. Back before it was draw only my father and grandfather and I would go there a couple times a year to camp and hunt and I remember it was so much fun just to drive up and down those dirt roads just to see all the deer.

I think Kiabab holds a special place in every hunters heart. It's just such a fun place.

My uncle (lived in St. George for years) claims that he found an inlet in rock that was full of pottery when he was a teenager. Out of respect he left it undisturbed and told the forest service. He has been back MANY times and like montezumas treasure he has never been able to find the spot again.

It is an amazing place, I grew up in page tell I was 12 years old. My family and a few other close family friends would pull are camp trailers up to the Kaibab in May and leave them on the mtn tell the first snow. Spent lots and lots of time up there with my family. Moved to Tucson when I was 12 and started chasing coues deer. Then when I was 21 I got a job offer back in page and have been here since. Lake Powell is out my back door lees fairy is 40 min away and my favorite place on earth (Kaibab) is an hour and a half to the lodge can't beat it.

Ready2hunt

What tags are you thinking about putting in for

It is an amazing place, I grew up in page tell I was 12 years old. My family and a few other close family friends would pull are camp trailers up to the Kaibab in May and leave them on the mtn tell the first snow. Spent lots and lots of time up there with my family. Moved to Tucson when I was 12 and started chasing coues deer. Then when I was 21 I got a job offer back in page and have been here since. Lake Powell is out my back door lees fairy is 40 min away and my favorite place on earth (Kaibab) is an hour and a half to the lodge can't beat it.

Ready2hunt

What tags are you thinking about putting in for

I went fishing at Lee's one time on a 3 day trip. My flies all fell apart because of all the fish we were catching. Such a fun place.

I am looking at the Oct rifles and possibly the archery. I have spent more time in east unit but I just want to get drawn. It's been so many years since I have been up there that I just want to go- don't care which side at this point I have 5pts now for deer. Hopefully I have a fighting chance. My fathers health is declining as well so I'd like to get him up there too and build at least one trip of memories with my kids in case something happens with him. What about you?