Hike4coues

RangeFinder Sling/harness Suggestions

Just curious what you all have found to be the best way to keep your rangefinder easily accessible? I see some slings as well as harness systems that combine with binoculars, but wonder what you've found best through experience?

I keep my binos in a Alaska guide creations harness. I then attach my rangefinder case to the bottom strap of the harness. With paracord looped on the same bottom strap of the bino harness. Has worked great for me. Easily accessible and fast. And no way of my RF falling out and hitting the ground or getting lost.

• Like 1

I use the same AG Creations bino pouch! Can you post a picture of your range finder connection?

Thanks

I am actually hoping to use this for an archery Elk hunt this year, but for coues later. What I traditionally have done is put it in my shirt pocket and put the lanyard around my neck. It is difficult to get the rangefinder in and out of the pocket quickly. I appreciate the suggestions, as I know there must be a better way to keep it out of the way but yet readily accessible.

Thanks again!

post-13947-0-18540300-1461626020_thumb.jpeg

Just curious what you all have found to be the best way to keep your rangefinder easily accessible? I see some slings as well as harness systems that combine with binoculars, but wonder what you've found best through experience?

http://store.coueswhitetail.com/range-snap/

I use this... but I don't like it with my current harness... lock down harness

looking to get a new harness it may work better with.... maybe badlands or

James

I use the same AG Creations bino pouch! Can you post a picture of your range finder connection?

Thanks

I will take/post pics asap...

http://store.coueswhitetail.com/range-snap/

I use this... but I don't like it with my current harness... lock down harness

looking to get a new harness it may work better with.... maybe badlands or

James

I was going to buy the range snap a while back when I still had my lock down X harness. I heard from others that the range snap didn't work well with that harness. So I never did buy it. Other than that I always here good things about the range snap.

Here is how I have my set up. Range finder case w/ bino harness strap through the loop. I then have my range finder attached with paracord to the lower strap as well. So if I have to drop my range finder quickly It wont hit the floor or get lost.

9E6F5171-4C8F-4039-B533-B37D2D1BD944_zps

• Like 1

49FCFFEF-7BB5-4ECA-9771-E0F049C766C3_zps

Yes, thank you for the reply and photos!!!!! With this setup, are you able to gust drop the rangefinder, clip into the loop and shoot, or do you put the rangefinder back into the case?

49FCFFEF-7BB5-4ECA-9771-E0F049C766C3_zps

Almost the exact same setup I use with my Badlands bino case and Leaupold range finder. I don't tether the range finder, but tuck the case flap in so I can just slip the range finder in one handed.

I'm religious about ranging before every shot and tucking in my rangefinder prior to clipping to my loop. It is all muscle memory now. I think I'll try tethering see how it works, but I hate anything my release can get caught up on.

• Like 1