Sign in to follow this  
Maverick351

AAE Stealth Max Vanes

Anyone tried these out yet? I was very intrigued by them so I gave them a shot and they are super quiet and durable on my fmjs. I have switched all my arrows over to them and am very happy with them.

May have to test them out. Im a big fan of AAE. Been using their other vanes for years.

I found them to be just slightly heavier than the max hunters but made out of the same material. With the different style cut they are quieter and group just as well at long distances plus provide a lil better vane clearance on some rests and cables.

I currently shoot the AAE plastifletch max which are a low profile 2.3" shield cut in a four fletch configuration. The stealth are a bit longer so I could probably go three fletch.

Max hunters but not these. Might be worth a try the next time I fletch some with vanes. Thanks for the heads up.

I have tried a three fletch with helical out to 90 yrs with multiple different broadheads and have had great accuracy with both fixed and expandables. I have tried doing four fletch on multiple vanes vs three fletch. The best I can say about that is that a four fletch with small vanes gives you the same surface area as a three fletch with larger vanes. Unless clearance is an issue I believe appearance has more to do with it than performance. Four vanes will usually cause more drag as well and most broadheads out today are not in need of four large vanes to stabilize them. I did try 4 vanes on the AAE Stealth and it dragged down the arrow a lot at distance. 3 vanes were optimal.

Because it's ALWAYS windy here I've found the four fletch with low profiles to work great for me and just group way better on my setup. I am going to try the stealths though.

Ive tried 4 vanes and 3 vanes on a gold tip ultra lite pro and ended up going with the 3 fletch. Seem to group pretty good with a slight helical. Used a 3 blade sonic to take a bull in september and jave in january. Here are a couple of pics.

post-3040-0-05209000-1463276905_thumb.jpg

post-3040-0-44919500-1463276946_thumb.jpg

post-3040-0-48010000-1463277032_thumb.jpg

You 4-fletch guys: maybe its a stupid question but do 4, 2-inch vanes create more drag at distance (>50yds) than say, 3, 3.6 inch vanes? Are you experiencing more drop due to the 4th vane? I say 3.6 inch because that's the length of a very popular Flex Fletch vane and one that I've had very good results with as a 3 fletch.

I really don't notice any loss in down range speed with the four fletch set-up I'm using. I was just playing around with different vanes and somewhat stumbled into the set-up. Other than my groups being very slightly tighter, I found it to have one benefit I hadnt thought of previously. I mostly shoot 3 different types of broadheads (T-3's, Gravediggers and Slick Tricks) and though I have no real scientific evidence to back it up, I feel the four fletch set up gives me a little more steering when shooting the fixed head. Thats just my opinion for what its worth.

• Like 1

I have about 30 pink and 30 flo yellow of these I'm trying to get rid of.. Pm me if you're interested and I'll make you a helluva deal.