Sign in to follow this  
Lv2hnt

Low Cost / FAST Cure for Hazy Headlights

Alright, all you with the dreaded glazed-over headlights --- here's something that will make your day (perfect for the beginning of summer and your upcoming scouting trips)!

Go buy a $4 can of insect repellent with "40% Deet" active ingredients (note: 30% Deet won't work). Spray on headlight and immediately scrub/wipe off using an old cotton towel. Voila --- on the spot results!!!

I'm not averse to accepting gifts of thanks ... :D

• Like 1

I rubbed and rubbed???????????????????

• Like 1

Definitely worked for me this morning (no extended hard scrubbing, just a simple wipe) ...

Or go to Rocky Point.....stop at the Super Ley......go in shopping for a while.....come back out and the guy with the rattle can lacquer and 800 grit sand paper has shined up one head light and offers to do the other for 20 bucks...........

I am going to have to try the insect repellent....thanks for the tip!!!

• Like 1

When I did mine, I ended up pulling the housings out and water sanded up to 2000 grit getting all the old clear coat off (the yellow). From there just a couple coats of clear coat and it's been good for the last year.

I know a couple guys who did the Repel headlight treatment and both said it lasted only a few weeks (both done during summer) and after a couple times of repeating the plastic was ruined to the point they had to replace them.

I also heard toothpaste works

I've used toothpaste on mine. Worked really well on one of our cars and not so great on the other for whatever reason. And they both smelled minty fresh after.