Klindsay

6a archery turkey help.

My buddy and I went out scouting today for the upcoming archery hunt. We hit a few water holes and seen a bit of sign. Just curious if anyone on here has seen any out there or has some good areas to try. We were off Stoneman lake rd.thanks!

If you are seeing sign I would stay in that area especially around sunset and listen for gobbles then see if you can find where they are roosting for the night. They really like to be at least 25 feet up or even higher to escape predators. Then go back about 45 minutes before sunrise and wait for them to fly down. If there is water around they will water in the first and last hours of light so you can also sit water.

• Like 1

All my hot spots were quiet and no tracks were seen around the need by water holes. Now with the wind blowing 30 it really sucks.

Just so you know -- turkeys will come to water -ANYTIME of day they feel like it .

can't count the times during midday drive by tanks scouting for deer or elk and see turkeys at tanks

We've been seeing or hearing turkey's every time we go out. They don't answer or come to calls. I'm going to be sitting a trail tonight that we've been seeing them on. Last day you never know whats going to happen. My 5 year old has been having a blast chasing these things.

No luck for me only hunted 4 days though in some windy conditions.

hunted several different days - had gobbling every time but they went silent very early - even this am in the woods set up by 5 called till 8 picture perfect day -- one very distant gobble at 6 . jumped one hen - pretty sure she was nested

oh well great time getting out in some great country - seen elk / deer but no turkeys for me!

hopin for more turkeys next yr as no reports of success this yr.

friend missed one at 30 yrds - patterned gun - over /under 12 ga. - should of used bottom barrel - shot over

all over for us now! didn't set tank as all the rain grass / clover covered with fresh rain / dew

• Like 1

Glad I wasn't the only one who did not see a thunder chicken

I had them going pretty good this morning until about 7:30. Had one coming on a string but some hens came from the other direction and I never had an opportunity to draw. This morning was beautiful and a great day to end the season even though I came home with my tag still in my pocket.

• Like 1