Sign in to follow this  
elkman

Double buck taxidermy ??

Has anyone had any dealing with this guy. I purchased a mount certificate at an aes banquet. I assumed they vet the people they accept donations from. He had mounts at the show that looked nice, so unfortunately I took him a mount to do for me. He took it and all as well. He said it would take a max of a year which is usually about standard in my experience. After a year and a half I started emailing and texting him on the status. He of course kept telling me it would be done in a week. Then a couple more weeks and then quit responding to me all together. After two and a half years I finally got him to get back to me by using a different phone number. when I said I just want to pick up my hide and horns. He said yes. I went to pick up what I bought was a tanned cape ready to mount. Instead I received a salted hide in a box. After inspection of he hide it turns out to be shot. The hide is pulling off the skin badly. Also the horns loon like they are left in the sun for a year. Lesson learned. FYI I paid 600$ for the mount. When I asked him for partial refund of just the amount he was going to pay for the cape tanning and form he said pound sand. I am just glad to get my horns back. It was a 38" oryx which are few and far between. Don't use double buck taxidermy. The dude is a big liar and has no business ethics

• Like 1

Ouch, that's a tough one to swallow. Oryx capes are probably hard to come by. There is no lower lifeform than a bad taxidermist

There is no excuse or reason for 2.5 years and a ruined cape.

• Like 1

I would contact AES and ask them if they can do anything for you. I am sure they don't want to be selling certificates for this business. He has developed a terrible reputation and has burned many people in a similar manner to what you are describing.

• Like 1

Contact AES. Usually the organization who ran the raffle will refund the money because it was their fundraiser. They should then go after him themselves. Oryx capes are not that rare. A good taxidermist should be able to find a replacement for you.

His excuse was that he was too busy with all his mounts at first. Then he took a full time job with someone else and didn't have time. yes his name is rick Lopez. I will be contacting aes this week.

Unfortunately his name is commonly used with bad taxidermy. I understand you won this and I am sorry to hear about your experience. Is there anyway so many people can complain about stuff like this and nothing be done to shut him down.

Is there anyway so many people can complain about stuff like this and nothing be done to shut him down.

blanket party for starters

• Like 1

Yep my coues mount was ruined by this guy. My friend had an oryx cape ruined by him, sat in his garage salted for over 2 yrs. After all the lies my friend finally went and picked it up to find it ruined and it was never sent off to the tannery like he said it was. The only reason I used him instead of my normal taxidermist was I had won a certificate from a banquet. My coues is being redone by a REAL taxidermist.

This was my cape off the mount he did.

post-3465-0-46661400-1463459758_thumb.jpeg