Maverick351

WTB .40 Cal pistol

Glock gen. 22 .40 cal was my duty weapon- get that one if your gonna buy. Interchangeable parts, easy to replace and low maintenance/cost.

I love the glock .45 as well and is my preferred self dense handgun as far as semi autos go.

9mm is a waste in my opinion. (no offense to the 9mm lovers) Yes it can kill, so can a .38, .22 or a pellet gun. Get something that is going to do some damage even if it's not a perfect shot. Colt .45 225gr critical defense ammo is my one of my favorites. Packs a punch.

Saw a guy get shot in the belt buckle with a 9mm- stopped the bullet but not the threat- No thanks. Even if I am shooting someone with body armor I want a bullet that is going to make the person or animal think twice before taking a second hit.

Firstcoues, what ammo do like or recommend for the 9mm??? I just bought one, don't know much about the ammo for this caliber.

Golden Sabre from Remington or the Speer Gold Dot, federal hst or hydrashok.

Firstcoues, what ammo do like or recommend for the 9mm??? I just bought one, don't know much about the ammo for this caliber.

Federal HST 124 gr and dont look back. All my pistols are loaded with HST's

• Like 1

Get her whatever caliber she shoots best. Stopping power of a larger caliber doesn't matter if she can't hit her target with it.

• Like 1

Get her whatever caliber she shoots best. Stopping power of a larger caliber doesn't matter if she can't hit her target with it.

Exactly. I had the XDS in 45, but couldn't get quick, accurate follow up shots because of recoil. Switched to the 9mm, gained capacity and cut split times in half.

1911, xd40, glock 22/23/19 (9mm for the 19).

A aluminum frame 1911 would be sweet.

What did she like at SW?