bowsniper

Favorite Coues Taxidermist?

Who is your favorite coues taxidermist? Post a picture of his work if you can.

My favorite is Mark Plunkett. Here’s a picture of a mount he did for me:

post-426-1187390726.jpg

Here is a (not so good) picture of him before I arrowed him:

post-426-1187390889_thumb.jpg

My favorite Taxi is a buddy of mine 'cause he puts way more time into the small details than alot of taxi's out there.....which also takes a bit longer, but it's worth it in the end. Because I have bombarded him with all my critters over the last couple of years, I decided to give a guy up in Flagstaff a try with my last Coues. He has my rack now and should have it back soon, but this is the first he's done for me so all I can do is cross my fingers it turns out as good as my buddy's work ;) I also have been really impressed with Weller's from Tucson's work.......they have some incredible life-size Coues! Maybe one day I'll win the lottery and could afford a life-size ;) Thanks, JIM>

This is the one my buddy just did for me........

Couesie1.jpg

Couesie.jpg

Hey Bowsniper, is there an extra point on the right side of your buck that I can't see in the mount pic? It looks like there is in the live pic, but maybe I'm just seein' things. I know I've said it several times before, but fantastic buck and wonderful mount! ;) JIM>

Oh.....wait, now it looks like his G2 is forked on the left....I'm just stoopid, sorry :ph34r:

Bowsniper, I got your PM. Here are the pictures you wanted to see.

This is a Buck my son shot and Mark Plunkett Mounted it. I agree with you that Mark has been my Favorite and one of the best in the state. He has done all of my mounts for years.

Because Mark has slowed down on taking in work and his turnaround time has become too long I begin looking around last year at new Taxidermists and decided to take my Buck I shot last year to Steve at Signature Taxidermy in Flagstaff. He did a excellent job on my custom mount. I have read some of the Negative reports on this forum and through other folks that I know but I can only speak of my one experiance with Steve and he did a great job on my mount.

Here are the Two bucks togather.

I have continued to look around at different Taxidermist and I am very impressed with all the reports I have heard and the work I have seen from Chris Harlow in Tucson. In the Future I am going to start taking my work to Chris. I am also very impressed with the Mount Coosefan just got from GTT. I dont think you could get a better job than that. That is my .02$ Hope it helps!

Scottyboy, smokin one like that is first on my list, second will be a nice 300+ bull in dec. I'll let you know and see if i can afford one this year.

Mike

Mogollon is my favorite too. He matched my coues deer with ear kicked back and all to the photo before the shot. In two weeks I will have my mulie, eastern whitie and coues all on the same wall. I will post when it is complete.

a2.jpg

DSC01301.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

I am kinda biased on this.. I'm gonna have to say my favorite coues taxidermist is me!! ;)

here is a pic of a buck one of my really good buddies took a couple of years back.. I did the work for him.. I thought he came out quite nicely..

this was the buck that RR was talking about in the 22-250 disscussion.. my bud SMOKED this buck from 399 yards with a .223WSSM.

DSC00925.jpg

This guy will be doing my buck i smoke this December!

Bowsniper, I got your PM. Here are the pictures you wanted to see.

This is a Buck my son shot and Mark Plunkett Mounted it. I agree with you that Mark has been my Favorite and one of the best in the state. He has done all of my mounts for years.

Because Mark has slowed down on taking in work and his turnaround time has become too long I begin looking around last year at new Taxidermists and decided to take my Buck I shot last year to Steve at Signature Taxidermy in Flagstaff. He did a excellent job on my custom mount. I have read some of the Negative reports on this forum and through other folks that I know but I can only speak of my one experiance with Steve and he did a great job on my mount.

Here are the Two bucks togather.

I have continued to look around at different Taxidermist and I am very impressed with all the reports I have heard and the work I have seen from Chris Harlow in Tucson. In the Future I am going to start taking my work to Chris. I am also very impressed with the Mount Coosefan just got from GTT. I dont think you could get a better job than that. That is my .02$ Hope it helps!

that buck missin part of his ear?

Can't speak from too much experience here, as I have only had one coues' mount done. However after looking at the work of several taxidermists, I chose Bud Weller in Tucson. Fantastic work and helluva nice guy to boot!

post-87-1187420416_thumb.jpg

post-87-1187420474_thumb.jpg

MarC has been doing all my mounts for about 12-15 years now. He did the little buck below that came out of 36B, and has mounted every animal shown in the OW's NEW Trophy Room thread.

TrophyR10.jpg

When Chris worked for Bob Peers at Quail Run, he mounted many of my critters including the 'lope upper right above, which are in the OW's Original Trophy Room thread.

Before Chris, Fred Campbell, who lived in Avondale and is now deceased, did all my work. That was back in the 1960s and 70s. -TONY

Clay at Mogollon Taxidermy does an exellent job! He has done all the elk, deer, and the lion in my house and they all great! Clay is awesome to work with, and he is an official B & C scorer which saves a trip to have your trophy scored. He has a first rate opperation and stands behind his work. His coues deer mounts are second to no one! :)

The only other Exceptional taxidermist that I can recommend Chris Harlow in Tucson.... he does my sheep mounts and I have seen nothing but amazing mounts of every type of critter you could think of in his shop! His Sheep, Coues and Mulie mounts are all the best that money can buy. :)

post-996-1187453323_thumb.jpg

post-996-1187453653_thumb.jpg

post-996-1187453913_thumb.jpg

BTW..... if things go well this fall..... Clay will be doing a large Mulie for my wife and a large Coues for me!!! :D B) :D