bowsniper

Favorite Coues Taxidermist?

my favorite coues deer taxadermist is probably going to be kris kreuger. one of the best in the state. and wildlife creations

I have been impressed with Dan Lees ability to bring life into his work. his artistic talent seems endless. He was able to totally create the mold for my bedded Coues deer by hand as well as the one walking down hill. Pretty amazing artist....

IMO that cougar is one of the most life-like that I've seen. Those are nice mounts.

I'm not trying to make waves or ruffle feathers

Most of the Taxidermists in AZ will have hands on all work that comes into their studio

others do not - as over the yrs most have had help in one way or another with getting mounts done

We have some of the very best in our State- They all try to do the very best job possible

to single out just one as the best isn't really possible - in my opinion

we can all be thankful for the great mounts that come out of the taxidermists from AZ

A lot of guys do regular mounts- look good but are kinda look like every other mount

look for the guy who does it differently - like changing a mold or form to give that unique look

very few give the extra detail to get the WOW factor

Buyer Beware! Double Buck Taxidermy does horrible work! I wanted to restore a dead head I found. Rick Lopez convinced me he could repair and mount it. Boy I was wrong. He sent it to me and the box was completely demolished. Then I opened it. Wow, it was horrible! The tips were all chipped up and the workmanship was horrible. I can't believe he would call it good. Plus near the nose there was a dime size spot that was missing. I sent it back and then Rick Lopez cut the tines off and added new ones and sent it back. This time when I opened the box the three times he "repaired" were completely loose to where you could spin the tines and see the wire. Then another area on the main beam was all muddled up where you could see where he "repaired" it. So I sent it back and now he won't send it back and says one thing and never follows through. All I can say is this was the biggest joke of a taxidermist. If you had a good experience with his "restoration" then you lucked out. Now I'm stuck until he seems it back. I hope I get it back. Help!

post-3045-0-82352900-1419722711_thumb.jpg

post-3045-0-26185300-1419722764_thumb.jpg

post-3045-0-27876100-1419722836_thumb.jpg

post-3045-0-87518200-1419723379_thumb.jpg

post-3045-0-09138300-1419723403_thumb.jpg

post-3045-0-26722100-1419723947_thumb.jpg

Buyer Beware! Double Buck Taxidermy does horrible work! I wanted to restore a dead head I found. Rick Lopez convinced me he could repair and mount it. Boy I was wrong. He sent it to me and the box was completely demolished. Then I opened it. Wow, it was horrible! The tips were all chipped up and the workmanship was horrible. I can't believe he would call it good. Plus near the nose there was a dime size spot that was missing. I sent it back and then Rick Lopez cut the tines off and added new ones and sent it back. This time when I opened the box the three times he "repaired" were completely loose to where you could spin the tines and see the wire. Then another area on the main beam was all muddled up where you could see where he "repaired" it. So I sent it back and now he won't send it back and says one thing and never follows through. All I can say is this was the biggest joke of a taxidermist. If you had a good experience with his "restoration" then you lucked out. Now I'm stuck until he seems it back. I hope I get it back. Help!

Good lord that is terrible! I've seen work by them posted on another forum and people were always saying how nice it looked, I was always blown away because I thought it all looked like crap, to the point where had I done it I certainly wouldn't want it posted on the Internet!!! Good luck getting it fixed but I'd say that's beyond repair!!

On 8/17/2007 at 10:01 PM, Hunterdan said:

Bowsniper, I got your PM. Here are the pictures you wanted to see.

This is a Buck my son shot and Mark Plunkett Mounted it. I agree with you that Mark has been my Favorite and one of the best in the state. He has done all of my mounts for years.

Because Mark has slowed down on taking in work and his turnaround time has become too long I begin looking around last year at new Taxidermists and decided to take my Buck I shot last year to Steve at Signature Taxidermy in Flagstaff. He did a excellent job on my custom mount. I have read some of the Negative reports on this forum and through other folks that I know but I can only speak of my one experiance with Steve and he did a great job on my mount.

Here are the Two bucks togather.

I have continued to look around at different Taxidermist and I am very impressed with all the reports I have heard and the work I have seen from Chris Harlow in Tucson. In the Future I am going to start taking my work to Chris. I am also very impressed with the Mount Coosefan just got from GTT. I dont think you could get a better job than that. That is my .02$ Hope it helps!

Small world... I worked with Chris back in the 80’s when we both worked at Quail Run Taxidermy!!!!

2 hours ago, AZelkdeer said:

... we both worked at Quail Run Taxidermy!!!!

Ssshhh. I wouldn't spread that around too much. 😉 His exit from the business wasn't pretty for a lot of guys. 

1 hour ago, trophyseeker said:

Ssshhh. I wouldn't spread that around too much. 😉 His exit from the business wasn't pretty for a lot of guys. 

Well we both left for a reason. 

On 2/24/2012 at 11:12 AM, Chiefs said:

I was going to post a picture of a Buck I just finished for a client but not sure how to post pictures. I may have gotten it.

post-4247-0-67409300-1330099884_thumb.jpg

post-4247-0-02350700-1330099898_thumb.jpg

Did you use an epply nose???

I haven't seen any with rocks, so here is the one I just got back from JJ's Rocks and Skullz.

20201206_202047.jpg

• Like 4