bowsniper

Favorite Coues Taxidermist?

Very nice mounts indeed,but I really like the eyes on the top deer . The two on the bottom kinda look half asleep,but that is just me. I like my deer to look aware, like coues always are. He nailed the eyes on that cat, I mean he crazy nailed them.Awesome.

Wellers Baby!! My little brother and all my cousins have many many mounts as well. will get them to post theirs.

post-1809-1187493843_thumb.jpg

post-1809-1187493860_thumb.jpg

W.T.P. , where you at!!!

Wellers have done great work for me on my coues. They are great to deal with, kept with their promise on turn around time, and nailed the mount. Every time I look up at him I instantly see him in the field the way he was and that to me makes a mount! They will be getting all of my work from here on out.

post-216-1187498728_thumb.jpg

post-216-1187498771_thumb.jpg

Guest 300ultramag.

TRAILS END has never done me wrong between fish, coues, elk, varmints, felines. but he is ALWAYS busy so its not a huge secret.

DANG......you boys whacked some HUGE Coues! I think I'm gonna pull down the pictures of my little forkie.....you guys makin' him look bad :lol: :P Just kiddin', I'm proud of em' ;) Can't wait to get my last one back so I can hang with the rest of ya "BIG Deer slayers"! Great mounts and huge bucks guys!!! JIM>

Amanda, can we get this as a "pinned" topic?

I thought my buck was done nicely, but once scottyboy checked it out, he kinda ripped it up so I gotta say I am my favorite taxidermist as i can do a MEAN euro mount! but, Scott will be doing my december 2007 108" coues :D

Very nice mounts indeed,but I really like the eyes on the top deer . The two on the bottom kinda look half asleep,but that is just me. I like my deer to look aware, like coues always are. He nailed the eyes on that cat, I mean he crazy nailed them.Awesome.

Thanks! I am very happy with Clay's work, and the Cat is one of the very best I have ever seen! The eyes on the deer all look the same in real life.... I think it is shadowing from the camera flash.... the cat looks better than the pic shows as well. The upper buck and the left on are the exact same pose.... left turn vs. right turn. :)

Thanks! I am very happy with Clay's work, and the Cat is one of the very best I have ever seen! The eyes on the deer all look the same in real life.... I think it is shadowing from the camera flash.... the cat looks better than the pic shows as well. The upper buck and the left on are the exact same pose.... left turn vs. right turn. :)

Hey Gino.....those mounts make me sick.....with envy! One of these days I'll have some Coues mounts like that!! I freakin' love that double pedestal and love the bucks on it! The cat is fantastic and really shows off Clay's talents to those that know what to look for ;)

Looking back at it C'N'S I agree. If you could catch the same camera angle that you did on the first picture with the bottom two bucks and that AWESOME angle on that cat,(that is the most real kitty look I have seen) it would really show the quality of the work, not to mention the quality of the animals.