bowsniper

Favorite Coues Taxidermist?

I got to see Gino's lion mount today in person and it really is great. That face is intense! Clay did a great job. And for those that are not aware of it, Clay is the only taxidermist sponsor on this site! Thanks Clay! Those considering getting a mount done should go up to his place and check out his work in his studio.

Amanda

Tim Rajsich of TR Taxidermy in Flagstaff has been doing my mounts since I moved to Flagstaff. Here is a pedestal mount of a coues taken over ten years ago. I have included some closeups. Look at the eyes, nostril depth, ear butts, lip tuck when choosing your taxidermist. Tim has done several other nice mounts for me. I went the cheapest route on my first mounts when living in Texas, and you get what you pay for.

mounts004.jpg

couesmount014.jpg

couesmount013.jpg

couesmount009.jpg

couesmount011.jpg

couesmount016.jpg

Doug~RR

In 2002, I took this antelope from southwest Utah. Tim Rajsich of TR Taxidermy did this wall pedestal. I like the offset wall pedestal form/manikin with or without base better than a normal shoulder mount form as it puts more life back into the mount, imo.

UtahAntelopemount005.jpg

UtahAntelopemount002.jpg

UtahAntelopemount004.jpg

UtahAntelopemount003.jpg

Ooops, how'd these woodies sneak in here?

mounts002.jpg

Doug~RR

Very nice mounts Doug, Tim is an excellent taxidermist and a really great guy.

Two of the best are Henry Aguillar in Kingman he's the best Muley taxi around, IMO. &

Dan Lee in Dewey for Coues, can't miss.

Several other people have mentioned my buddy, Chris Harlow, of Harlow's Wildlife Studio. And I mentioned that he had done my sheep mounts for me, but had not posted any pics on this thread of them. When Amanda stopped by my house she was very impressed with my how my Dall mount was done and it prompted me to post again. :rolleyes:

post-996-1188086773_thumb.jpg

post-996-1188086870_thumb.jpg

post-996-1188086944_thumb.jpg

post-996-1188086999_thumb.jpg

Here are the pics of my Desert ram **. :) Harlow's Wildlife Studio is the only shop that I would take my stuff to in southern AZ, the detail he puts into all his mounts amazes me. Also, because of how much time he spends in the field looking at live sheep and ground checking Monster rams with clients.... it kind of makes him hard to beat on any sheep mount or custom sheep mount! ;) :)

** and a bonus side look of my Dall ram. :)

Sorry, for the long downloads... <_< ... after seeing RR's close-ups I thought I should show off the these rams a bit better than I did my deer pics.... :rolleyes:

post-996-1188087203_thumb.jpg

post-996-1188087331_thumb.jpg

post-996-1188087464_thumb.jpg

post-996-1188087850_thumb.jpg

I just got this buck back from Marks Southwestern Taxidermy and I think it turned out real nice. I really like the way the wall pedastal looks.

Here are the pics of my Desert ram **. :) Harlow's Wildlife Studio is the only shop that I would take my stuff to in southern AZ, the detail he puts into all his mounts amazes me. Also, because of how much time he spends in the field looking at live sheep and ground checking Monster rams with clients.... it kind of makes him hard to beat on any sheep mount or custom sheep mount! ;) :)

Sorry, for the long downloads... <_< ... after seeing RR's close-ups I thought I should show off the these rams a bit better than I did my deer pics.... :rolleyes:

Can you send me some pix of your Desert mount, the base really. Mine is just getting ready to be mounted but I haven't settled on a base yet. I'd like to see a close up of yours. Thanks.

Can you send me some pix of your Desert mount, the base really. Mine is just getting ready to be mounted but I haven't settled on a base yet. I'd like to see a close up of yours. Thanks.

Hey..... Pm me an email address and I'll shoot some pics your way. :) You want the base or the ped.?

"Becker" from the site did this awesome mount for me recently. He's right up there with the best, no doubt.

post-192-1192461266_thumb.jpg

post-192-1192461293_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

"Becker" from the site did this awesome mount for me recently. He's right up there with the best, no doubt.

Good stuff! I've seen Devin's work and it is top notch.

I wish I'd known about Devin before I killed my muley (or my Coues for that matter - I still haven't gotten him back from my *other* taxidermist :angry: ).