Sign in to follow this  
azruger

August bears

Can't wait headed to my old stomping grounds to try and put another arizona bear on the ground. Been a few years since I hunted them!

• Like 6

Looking forward to it myself good luck to you

chomping at the bit too,pretty mutch the only hunt i have this year except hopefully fall turky

• Like 1

Uh yeah... I got my bear spot all picked out too! So uh, where's everyone else goin? I know my spots real good but I just wanna know what you all are doin? I mean, gps spots not needed but close is good, maybe canyon or spring names? I just want to verify your spots actually good. Wouldn't want to hunt in a bad spot would you?

• Like 3

33.4518° N, 111.9489° W here you go muledeerarea id garantee theres a few bears here

• Like 4

I'll be going after bear for my first time this year as well. Headed up on the rim this weekend and hope to find some berry patches and bear sign for when things open up next month.

Uh yeah... I got my bear spot all picked out too! So uh, where's everyone else goin? I know my spots real good but I just wanna know what you all are doin? I mean, gps spots not needed but close is good, maybe canyon or spring names? I just want to verify your spots actually good. Wouldn't want to hunt in a bad spot would you?

I'm hunting in August to!!..im pumped!!....my special spot is call Bear Canyon!..you walk up about 2 miles and glass the basin of Bear Mountain!..LOL! :lol: ...just kidding i hunt 24-A in the Pinals Mountains!..best of luck!!..remember with bears Food+Water+Elevation+Cove+bear sign=Good Start"..where patty cactus meet cider trees and oak brush throw in a butt load of century plants with deep canyon next to it with water at the bottom (a seep or creek) because of Monsoons in August (we hope).. there should be small pools at the bottom where they cool of after eating the tunas off the cactus!...they get hot they go cool off then go back up on there favorite cactus patch!....hope this helps!...oh yeah glass until your eyes bleed! :blink:

• Like 1

Juniper fire burned all the bears out of the unit they fled out to 24. on a serious note it didn't affect as much as you would think for hunting.

Juniper fire burned all the bears out of the unit they fled out to 24. on a serious note it didn't affect as much as you would think for hunting.

Have you been able to take a look at the juniper burn? Looks like it is closed until the 31st. I'm anxious to get up there to look around.